For people who think the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser is for them, it looks like a fantastic experience

Originally published at: For people who think the Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser is for them, it looks like a fantastic experience | Boing Boing

1 Like

I’m glad that they had fun; and hope that anyone who goes to the effort and expanse has a good time too. Fun is not a zero-sum game; and so I don’t wish ill on those who take their enjoyment differently to me. Normal terms and conditions apply, of course; arseholes can get fucked.

11 Likes

I’d rather have a weekend on Deep Space 9 or Enterprise D myself.

7 Likes

For that kind of money… i would just save it tbh. I love Star Wars but life in general is expensive and i can’t see myself spending it like this. More power to those that can

3 Likes

That was a thing for a while! Star Trek: The Experience. I was lucky enough to go when it was open. Cheesy but fun. I don’t think it was as in-depth as this Star Wars thing and certainly not as expensive: I remember a themed bar (Quark’s, of course), museum, gift shop and motion ride with some live actors and integrated original footage of the TV actors.

3 Likes

I never got to visit that, but I did go to a traveling Star Trek exhibit that was at our local Science Museum. They had a lot of original props and costumes, and models of various Enterprises. There was a mockup of the Enterprise D bridge - although it looked to be about 3/4 the size of the show set, but was fun to sit in the chair and say “Make it so…”

2 Likes

I don’t particularly care about the Galactic Starcruiser, what I want to know is - is it just me or does Yoda look like Samuel L. Jackson in that picture?

3LZr

Marcellus Wallace, what does he look like, hmmm?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.