For sale: "genuine soil" from Dracula's castle

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/15/for-sale-genuine-soil-from-draculas-castle.html

1 Like

Here’s mine!

In answer to your question, the certificate is “signed” by publisher James Warren himself (I’ve always wondered about the number - is it legit, or do all the certificates have the number 2278?)

And while the ad copy makes clear that there’s nothing mystical about the amulet, I can confirm that my supernatural powers are at their peak while wearing it.

10 Likes
1 Like

Huh? As your link clearly shows, the films stars Klaus Kinski as Count Dracula and it’s based on Stoker’s novel by way of the original Murnau film.

2 Likes

Huh, so maybe I should start selling my genuine soil from Hogwarts…

2 Likes

I know where you can get night soil cheap…

3 Likes

I know where you can find some that isn’t so cheap.

4 Likes

I was thinking of authentic Hogwart’s n.s. You can even get it via Twitter.

3 Likes

Sorry, they lost me at 1:08 when Dracula stepped into the bright sunlight and nothing happened.

2 Likes

In the novel, he did walk about in sunlight. I think he wasn’t quite as powerful then, though.

4 Likes

Blame Bram Stoker. Dracula was out and about at all hours.

Nosferatu was the vampire with an allergy to sunlight.

4 Likes

Advanced interplanetary civilizations know of Earth, and have together codenamed it, Planet Full of Shit.

1 Like

Ah, right. And I’ve read Dracula twice.

smacks forehead

4 Likes

I’ve got #1697! (And appreciate the Darling Pet Munkee mention!)

5 Likes

That answers my question about the numbers! (And welcome to Boing Boing!)

1 Like

Bram Stoker never answered the most important question though.

Did Dracula sparkle in sunlight?

3 Likes

It would seem your Boing Boing avatar is not able to cast a reflection… how do you feel about garlic?

3 Likes

You can get a “fancy” more modern version for $69. Not as cool as the old one, but probably appropriate for wearing to business meetings. You should be able to wear your Dracula Dirt in all situations.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.