For sale: midwestern Indiana conservative home with full-on strip club in the basement

Originally published at: For sale: midwestern Indiana conservative home with full-on strip club in the basement | Boing Boing

3 Likes

uncle Sigmund would like to speak to you about those bed posts. The strip club is supposed to be in the basement only

1 Like

I know it may shock you to learn this, but the house appears to be owned by a pair of brothers.

8 Likes

“A five bedroom house”
Conservative family home…
“with a strip club in the basement”
…or a brothel?

2 Likes

Let me guess… “successful” business Chads that frequently host client parties at their house?

I think the “zero crime” thing may be a bit of a mis-advertisement. Oh you were excluding white-collar crime? Carry on then…

17 Likes

There’s an ass for every seat, some say…

3 Likes

I could not find their employment info, but then I did not spend much time on it. It was likely something along those lines.

1 Like

The lead photo seems to support your assumption. Douchebro fantasy “luxury” straight out of Pottery Barn catalogs and ‘80s “save the ski lodge” movies.

6 Likes

is that canoe on the right supposed to go in the pool? or is just there for the entertaining trip hazard value?

more importantly, do the flipflops come with the house?

6 Likes

Yep. And with matching socks.

5 Likes

Do what you want in your basement, I guess, but did they seriously put carpet in the bathroom?

4 Likes

There’s a Twin Peaks reboot in there somewhere.

5 Likes

Thus the dual stripper poles.

”I’m not sharing with Jimmy!”

3 Likes

That’s a pretty reasonable price.

Can you imagine what that would cost in a coastal city?

1 Like

This is exactly why they still make Lysol.

and uh…

“zero crime” thing may be a bit of a mis-advertisemet

1 Like

What happens in the basement…

I have a full-on arcade in my basement, so as long as everyone is having fun I don’t see a problem.

Do what thou wilt!

8 Likes

I’m baffled by the insistence of calling the home “conservative.” I live on that side of Indy (not at Geist, though) and can assure you plenty of liberal/progressive folks live in those expensive, high-end neighborhoods. Or, is “conservative” meant to somehow convey the vinyl-clad sameness of suburban homes? If that’s the case, then pretty much everywhere that isn’t a downtown loft is conservative. In either case, it’s a really weird choice of editorializing.

1 Like
1 Like

We drove through a lot of Indiana in June this year.

We visited friends.

I am pretty sure that

is a very common design choice in most of the American Midwest.

:clap:t5: :clap:t5:

:trophy:

:100: