For sale: Ozzie and Harriet's haunted home

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/13/for-sale-ozzie-and-harriets.html

3 Likes

Just call your friendly neighbourhood Exorcist.

2 Likes

Wait - second son… Ricky? Surname Nelson?

I had no idea - but then I’d never heard of Ozzie and Harriet before now.

4 Likes

They were staples of TV reruns when I was a kid. Ricky was known more for pop, but then there’s this:

8 Likes

You missed absolutely nothing. Even as a kid watching this in prime time (Mom liked it) I found the show to be boring as fuck. Ricky did liven it up tho. But why it had ‘adventures’ in the title was just baffling.

8 Likes

Ozzie and Harriet: Milquetoast, but not quite as edgy

4 Likes

The scariest part is where he appears to give syrupy advice.

I mean, no house is going to be perfect. You can’t please everyone, so you got to please yourself.

6 Likes

The name of the show was carried over from the radio version, which started in the 40s. Typical of sitcoms, Ozzie and Harriet ended up in awkward situations which resolved themselves by the end of the show. Nothing adventurous about the radio program, either. But it was more entertaining than the TV version.

1 Like

Ossie and Harriet begat Ricky Nelson, Ricky begat… Nelson.

5 Likes

:musical_note: :scream: :musical_note:
(My impression of their fans at a concert…assuming they still have those)

2 Likes

Watch Night Gallery Episode: You Can Come up Now, Mrs. Millikan; Smile, Please - NBC.com

1 Like

Was the train in the show? You’d think a train going around the ceiling would be something you’d remember.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.