For sale: the largest, most expensive home in US history

…inside which there is a Starbucks.

10 Likes

Of course it is. Just look at all that water!

2 Likes

Gosh, to afford a house like that in Bel Air one would have to be a prince of some sort…

9 Likes

But is the property big enough to build a second house when I outgrow this one?

3 Likes

Without an indoor ice rink I’m totally unimpressed.

4 Likes

It’s closets all the way down?

7 Likes

You think that 180-foot infinity pool is filled with water? Ha! It’s filled with the tears of LA motorists - a 100% renewable resource. Plus, the extra salinity makes it easier to float in.

10 Likes

Let’s call it what it is. That’s no pool, it’s a ce-ment pond. Right, Miss Hathaway?

4 Likes

So do I need to drive up to that pool and cry into it, or are there convenient tear-collection stations set up in other neighborhoods? Or will the gubmint be setting up collection tubes in our cars? I want to help.

I’ll bet you give out raisins on Halloween, too.

2 Likes

That’s the amusing thing about houses that try to rise above their location: in order to attempt to justify the price tag, they myopically focus on the square footage and number of gold toilet seats and master bedrooms finished in plundered marble or whatever; and end up clashing badly with their surroundings.

Plus, most of the people with half a billion dollars to drop on a house would probably rather have a slightly smaller infinity pool and a slightly larger buffer zone between them and the nearest land it’s legal to set up your paparazzi op from. I have no doubt that the architect has concealed the fortress architecture as tactfully as possible; but it’s hard to build too much of that in before a bit of gilded cage creeps in as well.

6 Likes

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabbie ‘Yo homes smell ya later’ I looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

3 Likes

Nope, the inner closet’s closet on the her side is the panic room. Seriously, read the room tag.

1 Like

you home away from home for your “large family”.

1 Like

Hey, if I discovered my house contained a never-ending series of closets, I’d get a little panicky myself.

6 Likes

Paging Mister Tumnus, white courtesy telephone please, Mister Tumnus.

1 Like

i am thinking here it’s more like “release the hounds” on Halloween. Nobody’s getting the full bars!

1 Like

If I was the sort of person who thought I needed a panic room, I wouldn’t really want its location detailed in plans available on the internet.

10 Likes

It comes with its own infinite water supply, so nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Overall, for that kind of cash, I’d just as soon buy my own small country. In fact, Palau’s GDP is a steal at 164 million dollars, according to Wikipedia.

5 Likes