For sale: the largest, most expensive home in US history

who arrives by vehicle these days?

Is that the same thing as meta? Like the kids say now days.

That’s what I thought. The market for that can’t be all that big. Even billionaires often have most of their weath tied up in their stake in some specific business. People with truly disposable $500 million are few and far between. And while it looks impressive, there are so many different things you could do with that kind of money.

Nobody who is in the market for that is under much pressure to make compromises.

2 Likes

Either it’s meant to sell mainly for its bragging rights or it’s some kind of tax dodge/real estate scam.

3 Likes

Notch will buy!

2 Likes

Handy if you plan on staying in the closet.

1 Like

That’s actually the night club. Like some LA night clubs that only let in the cool people it has a separate interior room for the really cool people, and that has a room of its own for the ultra cool people, which then has a room for the creme de la creme of the cool, and so on, until finally you get down to one small room at the very heart with Samuel L. Jackson sitting there by himself.

6 Likes

See also: House of Leaves.

1 Like

Pools save water, dontchakno.

2 Likes

facepalm.gif

I seem to recall my mom having to stick the hose in the pool every other day during the summer (and just slightly less often during the rest of the year) to top up due to evaporation and/or splashing. Yup, she sure was saving water by not having a lawn in the backyard. :-/

1 Like

There are many things I like about Star Trek. The Trekitecture is not one of them.

To me this eyesore is a colossal advertisement that money cannot buy taste. I want to apologize to future anthropologists for our era’s fugly building styles.

So, at Blenheim Place, the courtiers were allowed access to the

B Salloon
a small fraction of those admitted to the Salooon into the more exclusive
C Antechamber
a small fraction of those into the more exclusive
D Drawing Room
and a small elite fraction of those into the most exclusive
E Bedchamber

And there were four sets of these rooms-- the largest two for the King and Queen, and a smaller pair for the Duke and Duchess.

So apart from the vast warrens of space dedicated to the little people, that’s how the space is wasted-- four sets of apartments, with three sets of sitting rooms, and so on and so forth.

1 Like

For 500 million you get…right angles!! Homes for the soulless. This piece of garbage is anti-nature in just about every conceivable way.

1 Like

I think that’s walk-in-dressing room/closet/panic room. Whatever the specificities of the absurdity is, this ridiculous house is the size of the one bedroom of the house under discussion.

Or you can just move to this gorgeous house in upstate New York (note this is Camden, NY, in the Burned Over District, not Camden NJ) for just 105,000, which is on the list of historical sites:

2 Likes

No jobs up there though. :sad

Buy the house and move it to where you are…?

I think Camden is just a village… the closest bigger town is probably Utica, I think? It’s gorgeous, though, isn’t it…

I don’t think you can, since it’s on the historic register. It’s also pretty restrictive on what you can do in renovations - you probably have to stick to period stuff.

Yeah, it’s kind of in that dead zone, too far from Syracuse and Utica to have any job other than farming or something the family’s been at for years.

1 Like