For the first time, Jeremy Corbyn overtakes Theresa May in UK polls

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/06/23/electable-mr-corbyn.html

4 Likes

So Jez has got 35% and Teresa has got 34%, that still leaves 30% floating around.

1 Like

Big fan of Mr. Korben

Oh… Different guy? Corbin you said? Still a fan :smiley:

3 Likes

Caroline Lucas and Jonathan Bartley? :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, what would happen if the Green Party were to win a general election? Who would get to live in 10 Downing Street? From what I hear it’s not really big enough for one family, never mind two.

3 Likes

Do you remember when bLair swapped houses with Brown because Gordon had no friends or family, and Tony wanted the bigger house, 11 Downing Street.

4 Likes

All things considered, May got lucky. Had Grenfell happened a couple of weeks earlier, Labour would have won by a landslide.

9 Likes

May is a filthy bugger.

Probably best not to say things like that in front of politicians. You might give them… ideas.

1 Like

Could they just call yet another election? Given numbers like this? Would that be entirely unprecedented since the most recent ones just wrapped up? I guess only the PM can do that, correct or is there some way for the opposition party to trigger a round of elections, like in the case where the PM has lost so much confidence with the public?

There would need to be a two thirds majority in Parliament or a vote of no confidence in the government.

I was commenting about the Green Party though, who have two leaders (historically one male identifying and one female identifying). Sadly, I doubt that they have the support of 30% of the electorate to run the country.

2 Likes

“Tell me more or this thing of which you speak… this… false… flag?”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.