For under $35, this Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse might change your mind about how you compute

Originally published at: For under $35, this Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse might change your mind about how you compute | Boing Boing

I have a ThinkPad. The keyboard’s great.

(The one on my work-issued MacBook sucks, though.)

4 Likes

To paraphrase Theodor Heuss, I love my SO.

About $20 overpriced.

Advertisement is advertisement.

Since you use both, you might be interested in the newer Logitech Flow technology. Single mouse and keyboard combo can be used with up to 3 devices simultaneously. The mouse icon acts like you have a multi-screen setup. Bonus: you can drag and drop between computers. This BB combo seems to have the MK585 mouse, which I believe supports Flow. That implies the keyboard might too.

This uses the unifying receiver, which make like much easier for some people. Without it, I’d agree. I use one unifying receiver for several keyboards. So when I set up my laptop at work or home, the keyboard and mouse automatically connects. No need to tote a mouse or keyboard. (confession: I do carry a pricey mouse I use for CAD with me).

1 Like

My right-arrow keycap broke! I think. At any rate the key keeps flopping off. No better alternative to ordering the key cap bits from anykey.com or whatever it was for $10? I mean, maybe there’s a ThinkPads only vendor who can find a short keycap for A475 that works and ship that?

I only said that because I had occasion to open up a keyboard once and was shocked at how little was inside. Seems like the keys account for most of it and as these are being churned out in the gazillion it is expensive plastic. The receiver circuitry is no big deal. Only ever used one wireless combo before and for some reason I think the mouse had perceptible lag or at least was not as good as my wired mouse so no deal. Less messy of course.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.