Forklift driver accidentally destroys a large warehouse

https://web.archive.org/web/20160808033704/…

The Thistle Systems page changed from a photo of the cheese warehouse incident in the UK, to this video, only 2 days ago. So yeah, not the same warehouse.

Does it say 2017? It kind of looks like 20█7. We should also keep in mind it’s so much easier to fake the date than the actual video of the collapse.

Per iheartcom… yes. The forklift driver.

Amazon warehouse. Cheap unsafe storage system leads to greater savings for customers… blah, blah, blah.

No. We can lay a lot of blame on Amazon for a lot of things, but unless we have a better source, there is no credible evidence this is a video of an Amazon warehouse.

There is an Iheartradio story incorrectly linking this 2017 video (check the time stamp) to what the sloppy, non-fact-checking reporter claims is a November 2018 death at a Plainfield, Indiana, Amazon warehouse. Except that the local paper’s version of the story is that a forklift’s lift fell on a worker while he was doing maintenance on it, in 2017. That’s neither what Iheartradio is describing in its story nor what the video depicts.

6 Likes

So… I guess this is not a good time to talk about a raise?

1 Like

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/06/man-survives-nine-hours-trapped-under-thousands-of-tonnes-of-che/ it seems like it’s this incident?

it seems like it’s this incident?

The date’s wrong. The date stamp on the video is 2017; that story is from 2016.

OK go really is getting edgy.

3 Likes

Ne3mH

1 Like

As someone who works in a warehouse, I can tell you those aisles are not overly narrow. It all depends on how your forklifts navigate. Ours use a wire guided system that keeps them on an incredibly straight line and allow the aisles to be about 8 feet (I think less?) apart.

Also, the shelves are not necessarily overloaded if the racking is appropriately installed and maintained.

Most likely this warehouse is not built to code or exists somewhere that lacks appropriate building codes and safety feature.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.