Former aide at today's pop-up hearing says Trump knew rally-goers had weapons, told them to march to Capitol

This. 1000x this.

Every time I get frightened at the state of the universe, I think of the people who have fought worse odds than me, and for longer. If they can keep fighting, if they can still think something can be done in this world to make it better, then by anything holy so can I.

31 Likes

captain-america-end

19 Likes

Yes! At least then we’d get something out of it.

(I don’t mean to be defeatist, but after all of the orange one’s slipping away from justice so many times, I’m finding it tough to get excited about today’s revelations.)

7 Likes

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
  like a raisin in the sun?
  Or fester like a sore—
  And then run?
  Does it stink like rotten meat?
  Or crust and sugar over—
  like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
  like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

@cepheus42

If we go down, we go down swinging.

Hash tag:

I AIN’T NO EASY WIN.

26 Likes

Yeah, because he said, “No reason, I mean, it should happen here. No reason. That’s right,” when asked about why a Minamar style coup couldn’t happen here.

He espoused his view on video, and if he tried to claim the answer is “No”, they would catch him n a lie.

2 Likes

It sounds like the committee has evidence of the Trump White House engaging in witness tampering:

We really need to hurry up and get some of these creeps in front of the courts; the Republicans are going to close this down within seconds of the Midterm elections no matter how damning the evidence.

28 Likes

13 Likes

That right wing echo chamber would be operating regardless of when things happened. Indictment or not, they’d be spinning it that way to their most devout, and nothing being said or done earlier (or later) will sway anyone.

But Hillary lost to this fucker partially because they played their cards right before the election. Voters in the center were swayed against her by their ploy.

We’re not going to swing the strict devout Trump fanatics in the republican party no matter what we do. They’re too far gone to come back through any action of ours. If they come back to reality, they’ll be the ones having to make the first few thousand steps.

BUT. There exist a very large number of republicans that don’t JUST vote the R, that are having serious doubts. Very reasonable people who’ve voted this way because that’s how they’ve always voted but now are having doubts. Those are the people who will decide whether Trump wins or loses the nomination because while it’s easy to be defeatist, Trump didn’t exactly when the nomination by a ton early on. He was challenged, and he was challenged heavily.

So yes, Justice delayed IS justice denied. But if there were justice at all in any of this, Trump would have been removed from office. Or the 25th amendment would have been invoked on him. At this point, I’m okay with justice delayed if it means he’s not president again.

3 Likes

Hutchinson also reported he attacked his own Secret Service detail chief, and grabbed the wheel of a moving car in an attempt to get to the capital. And was trying to put together plans to head there even as the violence kicked off.

They wouldn’t be asking Hutchinson to relay some one else’s (Meadows I think) report about the altercation, if they didn’t plan to call the parties present later, they wouldn’t be putting those specifics out there if they didn’t have the goods. Especially that stinger about witness intimidation.

So far as I’m aware a lot of that is new. As to the scuffle with the Secret Service Agent, this is certainly the first time a person testified to it on live TV.

Why the hell would they do that, or should they do that.

Even if you’re gonna go all nothing matters, cynical triangulation. Digging into this shit now could prevent him from running in 2024. And there’s a midterm in a couple months.

10 Likes

Even if the GOP wins back Congress this year, the Justice Department will still be able to prosecute at least until early 2025 (assuming they win the White House in 2024, God forbid).

The witness tampering stuff today was like a shocking end-credits scene. This is a serious felony with sentences up to 20 years in prison. If they can’t get these creeps on sedition, surely someone will serve time for this.

7 Likes

14th amendment-ing him as a chance ended when they got a 6-3 supreme court. Unless you convict him of disqualifying crime, he’s not going to be barred from running in under 2 years. He wasn’t convicted by the senate and so is not disqualified/ineligible.

On his truth platform today…

“I hardly know who this person, Cassidy Hutchinson, is, other than I heard very negative things about her (a total phony and “leaker”), and when she requested to go with certain others of the team to Florida after my having served a full term in office, I personally turned her request down. Why did she want to go with us if she felt we were so terrible? I understand that she was very upset and angry that I didn’t want her to go, or be a member of the team. She is bad news,”

1 Like

26 Likes

I think that the fact that today’s testimony would not have happened if she had not jettisoned her trump lawyer, is clear evidence that she has been kept quiet through extraordinary means.

10 Likes

45 really comes off as the Mad King in today’s testimony.

8 Likes

“Don’t make me pull this beast over!”

6 Likes

Yeah and i guess there’s no way to alter that.

And no way our typically quite close elections might be swayed by revealing this information and proving it in a public hearing.

Not like Murdock papers have been running op eds attacking Trump. Or Fox News’ commentators were literally rendered speachless in response to todays testimony.

Nothing matters.

Nothing can be done.

The blood wave is coming.

The end is nigh.

1 Like

Come on now.

12 Likes

I read that as sarcasm, but who knows these days.

13 Likes

We’re in agreement.

7 Likes