Former Facebook exec Randi Zuckerberg "disgusted & degraded" by harassment on Alaska Airlines flight

Hey hey hey. We can find a reasonable solution without this kind of crazy talk.

18 Likes

Because it’s our existence that is the affront to society, apparently. If we only would be good little girls, and stop trying to make men not treat us like shit, we’d all be treated like princesses and no one would ever harass us again! /s

15 Likes

100% agree, I guess my point is that in our capitalistic culture, money is really the only thing that talks.

2 Likes

They tried doing it the other way, but the planes kept falling out of the sky.

3 Likes

What did she want them to do? Land the plane, kick him off and resume the flight? They offered her another seat. What more can you do while in the air?

They should have made him move, not her.

14 Likes

Hell this is true already of politics. How am I supposed to hold down a full time job, have 3 kids plus a spouse with a full time job, and be a political activist too? The best I can really do is send money to agencies that advocate on my behalf, for causes I believe in.

Social media outrage does nothing. But sending money, appears to do something…

Inconceivable - Princess Bride
/s

6 Likes

If I remember the full story properly, at the time she initially complained they were still on the tarmac.

5 Likes

I wonder if they canceled his facebook account?

2 Likes

Moral of the story: if you’re a woman and don’t want to be shushed by a flight crew indifferent to the leering alcohol-soaked asshole in the next seat over, be powerful and famous enough to ruin their bosses’ day.

I actually think it is hugely crappy and cynical to tell your readers that the only way that women can ever be safe is to be powerful and famous… I want to hope that any woman emailing the entire executive staff and posting an experience to social media would get some action?

Like I am sure being Randi Zuckerberg helps bur if being rich and powerful is our only hope then truly all men everywhere are 100% awful, and I just can’t believe that is the case. Also, DOWN WITH THE PATRIARCHY.

1 Like

Gender, race and class…

13 Likes

Well, you know, she’s the problem, existing with tits and a vagina. What’s a man supposed to do, but make degrading comments when in proximity of tits and a vag? /s

8 Likes

That’s a sarcastic comment about how rich and powerful women have more options than the rest of us, yet are still subject to degrading treatment.

8 Likes

6 of 1, half dozen of the other. Unless they wanted to move her from first class to coach, what difference does it make who moves?

If I said the guy sitting next to me reeks of BO, who should move to a new seat?

I guess the sarcasm was lost on me in the face of the utterly depressing nihilism.

2 Likes

In the face of utterly depressing nihilism, some of us only have sarcasm to cling to.

9 Likes

When you stare into the abyss, someone’s going to come along on the Internet and tell you the abyss is all your fault.

4 Likes

Yeah, the abyss probably is all my fault! :wink:

4 Likes

Bummer for Nietzsche, he wasn’t exactly big on letting women take responsibility.

1 Like