Former general Mike Flynn calls for military to keep Trump in power

18 U.S. Code § 2384.Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

See also 18 U.S. Code § 2385.Advocating overthrow of Government

Trump and Flynn can share a cell.

23 Likes

Looking at Trump’s twitter stream as a drip feed of his own, even more poorly written (which is saying something) Mein Kampf is helpful, I think.

9 Likes

So, in other words, a Tom the Dancing bug comic.

14 Likes

Traitor is as traitor does

9 Likes

You missed my joke. It implies that every day is punch a Nazi day when you suddenly announce that “today is punch a Nazi day.” Why yes, yes it is… Because every day is that day. But if it needs to be spelled out for ya… Be my guest and spell it out…

4 Likes

Nor is Trump. They are in their 60s and 70s, respectively. Definitely not a “these kids today…” problem.

Nor are the young people of today the ones most enthusiastically condoning or emulating Trump’s behavior. Trumpists tend to be older than progressives, not younger.

21 Likes

(He grew up around here, and was part of the local surfing scene. He has a brother, who is also a general. His mother Helen, since passed - and thankfully before he was disgraced, was my realtor once upon a time. His home was a few hundred yards from Tucker Carlson’s boarding school. I try to not think about him being on the same waters as I am on, as it actively detracts from the experience.)

15 Likes

Correction:
Former general/convicted felon Mike Flynn calls for military to keep Trump in power.

Military’s reaction is probably something to the effect of this

9 Likes

I get the feeling we might never know https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/04/opinion/archives-document-destruction.html

1 Like

Sedition much, Mikey?

3 Likes

There might be a self interest angle but I think he is just a traitor. This is what you do when you are a traitor.

8 Likes

Hmmm…

27 Likes

Anyone recognise the flag behind him? The one with several white stars on red? Just curious, is all…

1 Like

He could get Hindenberg to support him as Chancellor, burn down the Reichstag, use that to push through the Enabling act, and bob’s your uncle. Hey, it’s not unprecedented…

8 Likes

I’m imagining this happening and, assuming they didn’t bar people from the polls in urban areas, getting the exact same result. . . and Flynn demanding another vote.

“We’ll keep doing this until we get it right (meaning right wing.)”

6 Likes

Hey, he’s just doing his job, this is what Turkey or his newest undisclosed employer pays him to do.

7 Likes

Really? It’s not unprecedented? Oh, if only a historian could kick him in the balls right now! Sedition is a very real thing, and we need to pressure the next AG (OK, not the next one, but the one aftyer that) to go after those who plot to overthrow the government.

15 Likes

For a guy that was just on the bubble of treason, his thoughts on this subject don’t surprise me.

6 Likes

for anyone wondering both why trump was shuffling things around at the pentagon and why some of us were so upset about it, this is why for both.

20 Likes

For someone who is trying to keep the terror at bay and find hope in the coming days, this kida shit makes it tough.

13 Likes