Former jail guards busted for playing loop of "Baby Shark" song for hours to torture inmates

Originally published at: Former jail guards busted for playing loop of "Baby Shark" song for hours to torture inmates | Boing Boing

1 Like

The real punishment is these are the new guard uniforms…

8 Likes

I don’t think it will work. The drinking water delivery man in my Tijuana neighborhood plays a taped recording of the chorus of Baby Shark all day long as he drives around, and he seems pretty well adjusted.

5 Likes

I was thinking they should’ve been forced to listen to it, too. That idea had to come from somewhere…

2 Likes

Could be worse.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

3 Likes

This is a failure of society on so many levels. I want to live in world where this doesn’t happen. What do we have to do to make that happen? What the hell is wrong with people?

Vote for politicians who say they will work for systemic change in our justice system. Keep on them to do so. Advocate for change when you get the chance. Express to others in your community why this issue matters. Get out and protest, if you’re able. Support organizations that work on prison reform financially if you’re able.

Same things that drive change in a democratic society, which also helps to keep our society more democratic!

6 Likes

Every parent: “rookies.”

1 Like

And yet, murder just gets you paid leave and a transfer.

1 Like

Now I feel bad for my dorm suite mates back in college. For a while I was blasting Daler Mehndi for a few hours at a time… :person_shrugging:

For some reason these play lists always seem to be created by someone that likes country, because it is always missing. Rap, rock, metal, jingles, even children songs I’d be okay with. Two hours of Aphex Twin would seem like torture to them, well jokes on you, I’m into that shit.

There’s a little desire I have that someone with the skills could go and refit many of these videos from the beginning of CG with more up-to-date graphics – like Eiffel 65’s I’m Blue – to at least the level of say, Axel F’s Crazy Frog or something.

1 Like

I had to hide The Presidents of the United States of America CD because of Peaches.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.