Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty

Personally, I haver never doubted that it is; sometimes, it just takes a long time to come ‘back around.’

I have serious reservations that he will make it back out of prison alive.

1 Like

I have a cousin who spent some time in Maricopa County Prison.
As you know, "Joe’s Jail."
His sister told me some stuff about inmates paying for their own incarceration.

3 Likes

While I like your version better, I don’t think it’s going to be like that.

2 Likes

A girl can hope.

2 Likes

Pretty confident it won’t be like that either unless he were to be convicted of something much more serious.

1 Like

You guys seriously underestimate the desire of many people for vengeance, especially those who have little to no power, like prisoners.

The best possible outcome of his sentencing would be for him to be incarcerated in the very prison he ran… but as fitting as that would be, that’s the part that’s not likely to come to fruition.

1 Like

Not surprised… Meanwhile there was literally a tank in front of the place with a giant sign about how he was winning the war on drugs. Yes, an actual military tank.

I drive past the jail to get from the freeway to my dad’s place in South Phoenix when I visit.

3 Likes

I doubt they’d put him in jail, plus they certainly would not put him in his own prison. The justice system may be fucked up and very imperfect but they typically take physical harm into consideration when jailing high profile prisoners. And i say this as someone that certainly would love to see him jailed and punished for the BS he’s put many people/families through.

2 Likes

I’m sure that, for reasons that you can totally recite with a straight face if you practice hard enough, the magisterial interests of Justice will suddenly demand merciful forbearance and some jesus-flavored EZ-rehabilitation.

2 Likes

I assume that he will be spared the little people treatment; but were he not; the fact that he’s a major getting-shivved risk would probably just be resolved by putting him in the special housing unit, or administrative segregation, which are both definitely better than ‘the hole’ or ‘unlimited solitary’ because they have nicer names.

9 Likes

As a rule, I’m very much against cruel prison conditions.

But in this unique case, justice would be best served by making this shit-stain sit in one of his own tents in triple-digit heat for several years.

By himself, of course. All the other inmates should be moved to more comfortable surroundings.

3 Likes

He strikes me as new FBI Directory material, personally. Trump’s going to get tied of the current guy eventually.

2 Likes

Wow…some guy huh?

I guess drugs = brown people.

I, l guess I knew that but I needed a refresher.

1 Like

Hope he rots to death in one of his open air shit holes with no air-conditioning and shitty food

2 Likes

“Criminal contempt”?

Well, I ain’t no fancy high-priced, big city lawyer, but I would guess he only gets a fine and maybe 6 months suspended sentence.

2 Likes

Let’s not forget the pink jumpsuits.

1 Like

His lawyer will tell the court that he is ill and the judge will say he doesn’t have to go to prison.

2 Likes

Arpaio’s recently closed jail tent city in the desert should remain open for his solitary confinement.

For his own safety, of course.

2 Likes

Former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca caught a sudden case of senility. I heard it’s going around.

2 Likes