Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio found guilty

Please let this be a felony, please let DT forget to pardon him, and please let him live in a state where convicted felons can’t vote.

Not that I am in favour of those laws (I actually belive people actively serving time deserve the right to vote), but it’s more than a little Karmic (especially since his was an elected position).

3 Likes

These aren’t federal charges so 45 has no standing to pardon him. Of course the governor of Arizona can pardon him…

Nevermind, these are federal charges. That’s what I get for not reading.

1 Like

Yeah, it was part of his quiet war on people with pigment over and above the vocal one. Well, maybe he was hitting up white opiod and meth users too, but I don’t recall any of that.

But yeah, also serious hypocrisy for making prisoners pay for their stay, and then randomly purchasing a military vehicle as a fascist display piece.

2 Likes

just from the url, I couldn’t tell if I was being rick-rolled into reading another an article about burning man…

2 Likes

That would be the fucked up, but peaceful way this could go, the other way is that this lights the powder keg of the Supremacy of Sheriffs crowd

Arpaio’s presumably allowed out on bail, which many of the people he arrested couldn’t afford. And he’s got two months to weasel out or skip town before sentencing. Hope he gets full prison time.

I’ve always maintained that Karma is real as you’re willing to work to make it.

1 Like

No, No No, No prison time for Joe. He’ll just do a little jail time at Maricopa County’s Tent City Jail. They love him there. It will be like a vacation.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.