Former White House advisor who threatened Muslim food truck operators is charged with aggravated harassment

Originally published at: Former White House advisor who threatened Muslim food truck operators is charged with aggravated harassment | Boing Boing

This Is Gonna Be Good Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

4 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

10 Likes

You forfeit any claim to membership in the human race, you are an empty shell where a man once might have been. To make a pathetic jest about the blood of kids puts you at the bottom of the cesspool of failed lives.

2 Likes

This man was obviously doing evil, racist, shameful things, but sadly for us he’s quite definitely a human being. There are a ton of appropriate punishments out there but we can’t literally dehumanize people no matter what they may have done. There’s obviously a lot of dark history out there where people no longer see others as human beings and therefore feel that it’s ok to do stuff to them that no human should be subjected to. (And yeah, clearly this guy enthusiastically dehumanized his victims and their families, but we still can’t do the same to him)

One somewhat positive note to this story is that the law firm that he worked for not only immediately fired him but also offered to represent his victims for free in filing a lawsuit against him, even before he was charged for this crime:

9 Likes

I see your point. It’s not ours to dehumanize others. To do so is to join forces with those who want to willfully kill others. You are correct and I don’t want to be one those with that empty heart Thanks for pointing it out.

I think it might be fair to say that he is in the process of dehumanizing himself as he seeks to destroy others. What he does to himself is not something I can control.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.