Fort Worth, Texas has a 9/11-themed bar

I don’t understand why this is a controversial point, because it’s just the facts. But some people have the mindset that they’ve never seen an event that they feel that could not commercialize for private gain, no matter who they’re hurting. There is money to be made, and in America, if that’s not what you’re here for, then you’re unAmerican, apparently…

Not having been there in NYC or DC, I can’t say how it must have felt, but I sure as shit can remember how fucking scary that shit was while it happened, not knowing if there were going to be hitting even more places…

3 Likes

I was just across the river in Downtown Brooklyn when it happened. Had a ringside seat in one of the tallest buildings in the neighborhood. Lost a few former co-workers. My friends worked the cleanup/rescue effort with the police. To this day, 20 years later, they don’t talk about what they saw there, besides mentioning “freezer trucks”: I spent several years commuting by PATH-WTC when there was just a large 10 story deep concrete covered hole where the towers were. Watching people hawk 9/11 souvenirs.

I still am a mess when September 11 rolls around. Still can’t bring myself to go to the 9/11 Memorial even though I work only one subway stop away (once I return to working at an office).

I don’t care about good intentions, just on a personal gut level, there is no fucking way I can get behind this kind of thing.

7 Likes

Do they mention their boy Bush’s WMD cock-up?

3 Likes

This is simply appalling.

4 Likes

In the sense that going to a bar is something that often ends in emotionally intense, but futile and inchoate, hostility for a fair few people having a 9/11-themed one isn’t entirely inappropriate.

Needs more Rudy Giuliani.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.