Found: BBC show about a pair of metal detecting chums called "Dectectorists"

I have a lot to say on the topic but this margin is too narrow to contain it.

I have not yet been able to watch Detectorists, despite many people, including fellow archaeologists, recommending it. For me, it’s kind of like watching a sitcom that shows the funny and heartwarming conversation of two people while they systematically set fire to a historic building. Might be fun if you don’t care about the building, but otherwise it’s a deal-breaker.

4 Likes

I promise you it won’t be that. Ok some of the “villans” might try to do that.

What I am saying is that the act of detecting itself, even if they report to the PAS, is the arson in the analogy.

1 Like

Not gonna lie, I’d watch that.

8 Likes

Arsonists: they get on like a house on fire.

9 Likes

Same-I couldn’t watch The Sopranos because the real mafia just isn’t funny.

1 Like

I read this post around 6 am, I was just laying here with nothing to do until a meeting around 11 so I gave it a shot.

About 10 minutes in I thought, meh, but nothing else to do so I kept going.

Watched the first two episodes and still meh but I really need to learn about the missing wife and if it goes anywhere with Sophie. And what about the frog?

My best guess is I binge watch the whole thing within a week.

I’m gonna drag my wife in later today so I’m stopping until we watch the first two episodes together.

Don’t know yet if I should thank you or curse you. Time will tell.

2 Likes

I mean, how many of us can honestly say that at one time or another he hasn’t set fire to some great public building. I know I have.

3 Likes

Okay, we’re hooked, season one complete.

I’m sad there are only 6 episodes per season. The last time we got hooked on something that we couldn’t put down was Corner Gas.

2 Likes

Great show. Even has Diana Rigg in it. Enjoy.

1 Like

And her daughter is played by her actual daughter

Detectorists and Ghosts have been my favourite BBC comedies of recent years. Inside No. 9, too

1 Like

Diana Rigg and Rachel Stirling also played mother and daughter characters in Doctor Who not long before Detectorists.

1 Like

Say “Yay, Detectorists!” every time it reappears.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.