Four Persian drivers arrive simultaneously at an intersection

In driving school, this question from our…

Instructor: "What do you do if you and all other vehicles arrive at an intersection simultaneously and sort of just sit there.

Students: “Duh.”

Instructor: "You make eye contact, take the initiative, motion for one of the other drivers to move through the intersection, and continue that until the mess is cleared.

3 Likes

o…m…g… this explains traffic in North York (a.k.a. Tehranto). :smile:

Hmm. I’ve lived in England, Minnesota, and Portland, even had driving licenses from the first two, and I wouldn’t call the drivers in any of those places “polite”. More like “extremely passive-aggressive”.

Iowa, however, had this all the time, minus the chatter. I also remember getting stuck behind a guy in a parking ramp in Iowa City; the ramp was free on Sundays, so the booth was unmanned and the arm was up, but the guy was determined not to go through until he’d found a way to pay.

1 Like

Then there’s the New Jersey left . . . which appears to randomly be either a jug handle, three right turns, a right followed by two lefts, or very rarely an actual direct left turn.

Seriously, as a new New Jersey resident, can someone explain what the fuck Jersey’s problem with left turns is? I never know if I need to be in the left lane or the right.

2 Likes

I hate to be That Guy and ruin a joke but we have more roundabouts in the UK because they are objectively better at keeping traffic flowing.

^^^ winner

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.