Four Persian drivers arrive simultaneously at an intersection

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/26/four-persian-drivers-arrive-si.html

5 Likes

Have you been to Tacoma, WA? There are drivers here that will wait for anything.

6 Likes

I carefully avoided it on the way to Gig Harbor once.

3 Likes

Please, you comment first.

27 Likes

Is this a new meme? Driving While Persian?

1 Like

Everyone was so polite, are we sure they weren’t Persian-Canadians ?

sorry, btw.

3 Likes

When things go wrong…

3 Likes

Where was this filmed? The plates are European, but the English is mixed in pretty well. Sweden?

Funny stuff, but man, there is nothing more infuriating than someone who thinks they are being polite but they put everyone at risk. Recently, as I’m backing up in my driveway, I see someone coming down the street so I obviously stop to let them go by first. This person stops in the middle of the road, with someone behind them, to ‘be polite’ and let me back out of my driveway first. I honked and waved for them to go. they didn’t move. Only after I pulled forward like i was going to go back into my garage did they go by. i was in no way even close to pulling out in front of them so I was just boggled by what they might be thinking.

6 Likes

Yep. Sweden.

Also known as the Minnesota Stand-off.

8 Likes

Not as massholish as a Boston Left Turn.

3 Likes

Right Boston - the rule is Left on Light?

3 Likes

Not to be confused with the Pittsburgh Left, where one turns left ahead of a long line of oncoming traffic to avoid getting stuck there until the next light, even though they technically don’t have the right of way.

With the Boston Left, the driver peels left in front of the only other car there, while blaring on the horn and drinking a cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee.

4 Likes
5 Likes

I love this video about tarof. It’s a real thing! They do it, not just behind the wheel, but everywhere! At the library! At the grocery! At the courthouse! No you first, no you! And some of the things they say are outrageous. I am your slave forever. I sacrifice myself for you!

There are also drivers there who drive like they have about a million bees in their car. It’s a dodge and weave kinda town.

5 Likes

Dude, they changed their name. Now it’s just “Dunkin”. I guess they’re trying to pick up the lunch crowd.

Best commercial ever? Go back ta Stabucks…

6 Likes

Yeah, well they still call Market Basket DeMoula’s Market Basket, or just DeMoula’s, even though it hasn’t had that name in decades.

2 Likes

How long do I have to wait for the punchline?

1 Like

I call this “Portland Polite.” It is super frustrating.