A fourth Kavanaugh sexual assault while drunk allegation emerges

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/26/kavanaugh-number-four.html

11 Likes

As much as I hate the circumstances, I was hoping another credible accusation would be forthcoming.

33 Likes

Republicans.

3 Likes

This is BS, if there are four there are a hell of a lot more. Somehow, someway this assburger needs to be removed from SCOTUS consideration.

5 Likes

I fully expect, no matter how many accusers he has, that the GOP will confirm him on Friday. It’s gonna be nasty.

22 Likes

So far, Trump has sent us way more rapists than Mexico.

75 Likes

I believe they will try.

I refuse to speak of future events as if they are somehow already ‘written in stone’; that way lies only demoralization and defeatism.

21 Likes

This guy is a regular Spuds MacKenzie.

4 Likes

Get him liquored up, THEN put him back in front of the committee.

43 Likes

As I saw someone point out on Twitter, in 1998 Kavanaugh was working for Ken Starr, getting ready to take down Bill Clinton for sexual misconduct.

The wheel, it turns.

29 Likes

Clarence Thomas. We will call the a precedent.

Imagine the Dem legislators banding together and mounting a really fierce, ultimately effective protest.

Oh, you can’t imagine it either?

15 Likes

I am well aware of the unpleasant but relevant history, thanks.

Also, not to be rude: there is no “we,” here.

You do you, and I’ll continue to ‘do me’… and what I do doesn’t involve giving up without a fight.

I ain’t no “easy win.”

Cynicism is understandable, but just voluntarily laying down to be walked upon is NOT an option.

6 Likes

The least they can do is deny them a quorum for a vote if there’s no FBI investigation of these allegations.

10 Likes

Sounds great, but… fat chance.

I’d say there’s more chance of some Repubs voting against him. (Of which there’s also little chance, it seems.)

2 Likes

A quorum for the senate is just 51 senators. The GOP is in the majority with 51 senators. McCain’s replacement was appointed at the beginning of the month. So off the top of my head all 51 if their people are back and available for the vote.

If every single Democrat (and both Independents) walked on Friday. The GOP could still have a quorum, if they needed it. And you can be damn sure they’re already making sure everyone will show.

3 Likes

A quorum for the committee is different- the dems can deny them a committee vote.

10 Likes

One thing a lot of people don’t realize about the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings is that there were other women waiting and ready to back up Anita Hill with their own similar stories but Joe Biden shut it all down and called for a vote before they could testify.

I like a lot of things about Biden but he really fucked that one up in a huge way.

43 Likes

Well, in 1998 Kavanaugh was only a scant 33 years old! Surely we can’t expect to hold him responsible for misbehavior at such a young age!

/s

After accusation #3 I already can’t see him being confirmed, tbh. I don’t think I’m just being naive.

And honestly, the 47 or so Republican senators who weren’t signaling ambivalence about his confirmation? At least after Sunday’s stories? I think this is gonna take a big wet bite out of a lot of them come November, either this year’s, 2020, or 2022.

I am apoplectic with delight at the thought this could put McConnell out on his ass. It’d be so richly deserved.

12 Likes

12 Likes