'FOX & Friends' blowhard believes the Government isn't here to protect people

Originally published at: 'FOX & Friends' blowhard believes the Government isn't here to protect people | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Not in Brian Kilmeade’s Free America they wouldn’t!!! Freedom means no rules!!! (Except for brown people, of course…)

/s

28 Likes

If they really believed that the government shouldn’t protect people, they would not support having an organized police force at any level or an organized military of any kind. Given their reactions to requests for even modest policing reforms, we know they don’t believe that.

54 Likes

Well, they are trying to dismantle agencies like the EPA, calling Fauci a fraud, and so on…

26 Likes

So he wants The Purge?

18 Likes

Wait. Waitwaitwaaaaaaiiiit. Doocy as Voice Of Reason?

35 Likes

They only want structures that protect THEM from the unwashed masses, not all of us from something like a pandemic or climate change…

36 Likes

No. He’s a hypocrite.

22 Likes

I think there’s something about “domestic tranquility”, “common defence” and “general welfare” in The Preamble, although in an old online argument with a conservative, I was told the Preamble doesn’t count (a mere doormat or awning for what follows, one supposes).

19 Likes

So we can cut the defense department budget then?

Right?

(crickets)

32 Likes

This is like the GOP ultimate expression of the culture of narcissism.

11 Likes

54 Likes

You have the best friggin’ images. One of these days I’m going to mine this site for all the Papasan graphics and make the best (only the finest) folder of IDGAF / Drumpf-tastic / shitpost meme materials EVAR!

16 Likes

You beat me to it.
I suspect if armed radicals stormed the Fox n Friends studios, murdering everyone in their path - there would be some expectation for the police or military to intervene.
You know…government employees…who represent The Government (local, state, feds).

12 Likes

Get to work, we’re all waiting.

8 Likes

Seems to me like Fox is advocating for defunding the police. Since the police motto is “to protect and serve,” and the government isn’t here to protect anyone, seems like the money is being wasted, no?

13 Likes

Please, Brian. They’re working overtime to protect you and your ilk every damn day.

14 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Apologies

Per the reasoning in the indefensible D.C. v. Heller, it was all just the Founders clearing their throats.

8 Likes

The weird part is that Doocy comes out of it as the “voice of reason”.

6 Likes