Fox & Friends edits video to falsely discredit a US Senator

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/01/fox-friends-edits-video-to-f.html

4 Likes

29 Likes

Anyone want to start a betting pool on how long before they go full-on Infowars?

31 Likes

hey now!!!

3 Likes

Is this technically considered Slander? If not it should.

4 Likes

Already happened. They post Project Veritas hitpieces all the time.

15 Likes

Libel. Its published through broadcasting.

18 Likes

Not like it’s the first time Faux Noise has presented video of one thing claiming it to be another thing. Remember that time they put footage of palm trees into video purported to be protests in Madison, Wisconsin in February?

(1:42 for the lack of snow and, seriously now, palm trees.)
26 Likes

Man, when the Fox & Friends viewers find out that they played fast and loose with facts and didn’t present a fair picture of their opponents’ positions, there is going to be hell to pay!

55 Likes

From Trump’s point-of-view, they’re “Fox & Friends with Benefits.”

27 Likes

I hope they get sued over this.

15 Likes

That would be nice.

14 Likes

It’s not fake news.

It’s just real news edited for time and content.

14 Likes

Okay I wanted to say that but I really wasn’t sure if you could even call Fox news talking heads journalists.

3 Likes

Alas, as the bills come due, it’s most often the rest of us that pay for this shit, not Fox viewers.

11 Likes

Fox & Phonies…

6 Likes

Fox & Fiends

14 Likes

I wish I could find a Three Stooges face-slapping-multiple-people gif, but my Google-fu is weak.

2 Likes

They get dinged for this sort of thing a few times a year, actually.

8 Likes

Here’s a terrifying statistic. Brand Keys just performed a survey for Research Intelligencer on trust in media in the US. Sample size was 4012 people who were asked about broadcast and cable media.

The BBC came top at 90% Okay, hard to argue with that.

Second was Fox News at 87%! That’s not just a supermajority of Americans trusting the channel, but it is only 3% below the BBC which employs actual journalists and fact-checkers!

PBS was third on 86%.

Bloomberg 81%, MSNBC 80%, CBS 72%, NBC 70%, ABC 69% and CNN at 69%,

The only good news was that Sinclair Broadcast Group came last at 58%.

7 Likes