Fox & Friends host explains the Matrix, poorly

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/18/fox-friends-host-explains-th.html

9 Likes

Lilly Wachowski’s response reduced me to a fit of wheezing laughter.

39 Likes

And what is Musk going on about?

5 Likes

And more than a decade late to the meme.

5 Likes

All of it, I presume: Jews, women, vaccines, democracy.

It’s completely clear: as clear as the extent to which she cares.

8 Likes

Nothing says “independent thinker” like publicly announcing that peer pressure has convinced you to try a strange new drug.

29 Likes

Pedo stuff I guess.

6 Likes

Huh, almost a modern version of this film moment:

17 Likes

It’s not clear if Ainsley Earhardt understands this distinction.

Came to check this point was made. (She hasn’t got a clue.) Left satisfied.

6 Likes

There’s also the misinterpretation of “witch hunts.”

11 Likes
24 Likes

giphy

13 Likes

Looks like they misinterpreted “Fine Art” as well.

5 Likes

At this point, who f***ing cares.

Musk needs to STFU.

5 Likes

To a lot of conservatives out there, red = Republican and blue = Democrat, so I can see how someone easily confused by colors could be easily confused by it.

7 Likes

Won’t somebody think of the incels?

11 Likes

I’m with Lilly. Christ, what assholes.

Well, the “red-pill” thing is also specifically part of “MRA” nonsense, and his girlfriend just had a baby, so maybe he’s signaling something about being unwilling to be a father or supportive partner. (Although frankly his entire relationship history already indicated that.)

16 Likes

I’m pretty sure Elon sees himself as a White Space Christ (see SpaceX, him currently
declaring to sell off and get rid of most of his earthly possessions and likely a myriad more examples). I do think he’s a capable and smart guy, but given his wealth/status, popularity and privilege he’s really lost touch with reality. I’ve never cared for him but lately he’s really ramped up on the bullshit.

7 Likes

These red-pill, forbidden knowledge nonsense cults all seem to come back to the same reality-denying core that seems to be underlying a lot of stuff at the moment.

The Atlantic’s Q-Anon story from a few days ago is pretty interesting, if depressing: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/06/qanon-nothing-can-stop-what-is-coming/610567/

4 Likes

I’m not even sure about that, anymore. He got extremely lucky by getting in on the ground floor of some successful internet companies, so beyond some basic programming competence, I see no evidence of his intelligence or competence. Everything after that has involved taking credit for the work of others. The dumb stuff all seems to be him, though.

7 Likes