Fox host Bret Baier belittles Donald Trump with a list of the "best people" in 2016 who turned against him

Originally published at: Fox host Bret Baier belittles Donald Trump with a list of the "best people" in 2016 who turned against him | Boing Boing

5 Likes

A dollar short and a day late?

12 Likes

18 Likes

“Beast. I said only the beast people. Bigly.”

6 Likes

This is the official notification from the oligarchs that own the GQP that it’s time to dump the person guaranteed to lose them the next presidential ‘election’ and put some other stooge forward as their official puppet.

12 Likes

Where was this line of questioning when he was on CNN?

23 Likes

Jeez. The “best people” thing is so old and played out it’s lost all meaning, and now Fox News is using it?

7 Likes

Trump’s defense that “nine out of ten” former administration officials still support him was a pretty weaksauce retort. Imagine if a full ten percent of the Biden or Obama or Clinton administrations hated their bosses so much that they were able to go public explaining why none of those Presidents deserved a second term.

19 Likes

“Everybody loves me… except for the losers. You just cherry-picked the losers.”

Yep. Saw that coming.

20 Likes

Also deflecting from the fact that no, actually it was Trump who picked those losers, which is the entire point.

17 Likes

So by now murdoch is all in for desantis? Probably the result of some ‘meeting’ one might suppose. murdoch will really have to flog his fox"news" production crew to make desantis even the slightest appealing in the general. ah well a kakistocracy with another name remains a flaming bag of dogsh*t -sigh-

4 Likes

Faux finally wakes up to the fact that when this sideshow barker ends every sentence with “believe me”, maybe they shouldn’t.

5 Likes

I’m somewhat disappointed that Mr. Baier didn’t respond with, “OK, I just gave you a list of a dozen. You say there are 10x as many who were great. Please name 5 top officials from your administration who you think did a great job and whom we can call after this interview to confirm they are endorsing you for president again.”

13 Likes

“Person. Man. Woman. Camera. TV. Need I go on, Bret? Because I got more.”

24 Likes

They let the Gibbering Mouther out of the box… is it not cooperating when they ask it to go back in?

5 Likes

I think the vice versa is the more damning part, at least within the context of his claim that he hires “the best people.” His own words fatally undermine his assertion. If he’s attacking them for being incompetent, stupid and/or corrupt, either he’s right, and they’re thus very far from “the best” or he’s wrong and a delusional judge of others (which also makes it impossible for him to hire “the best,” because he can’t even recognize them). Of course the claim was always absurd and even this basic, glaring contradiction is lost on Trump supporters.

In a general sense, the fact that all the people Trump appointed and who worked the most closely with him think he shouldn’t be president is more damning.

5 Likes

“I can’t believe Sleepy Joe Biden, Crooked Hillary, and the Deep State all nominated these losers to my cabinet!”

9 Likes

Next step is “if elected I will have top men working on it right away. Top. Men.

6 Likes

but the unusual Fox pounce left the cornered Trump “incoherent,”

When has Trump ever NOT been incoherent?

4 Likes

June 13th, 1946

3 Likes