Fox host forgets Trump was ever a president, blames Biden for 2020 BLM protests

There’s at least a smidgen of logic to be found there because Bill Clinton’s presidency predated the 9/11 attacks and Obama’s predated the pandemic, so the policies they implemented in office could have influenced those events without requiring actual time travel.

This is more along the lines of the “why wasn’t Obama in the Oval Office on 9/11??” crowd.

10 Likes

Except of course the Obama administration left them a playbook for just this scenario around covid, because they had dealt with swine flu and ebola during his term in office… and Trump literally threw that out.

Not like facts are the strong suit of the pro-Trump crowd, though…

19 Likes

Not a first for this. Kayleigh Cockamamie blamed the increased murder rate in 2020 on Biden, forgetting where she literally worked at the time.

7 Likes

Exactly, and the Clinton administration faced an uphill battle getting the incoming Bush people to pay attention to terrorism.

“It’s your fault we didn’t do the thing you told us we should do.”

5 Likes

She isn’t saying he was president then; she’s referring to the b.s. rumor that Biden supported the protestors that summer. He did, but explicitly denounced violence & destruction; Fox, though was saying he encouraged the violence.

Fact check: Joe Biden has condemned protest-related violence all summer

Her phrasing (“…decided he would allow…”) certainly suggests that she thought he was the one calling the shots rather than the then-POTUS.

9 Likes

At some point, we need to stop giving fascists the benefit of the doubt. I’d say it’s long past that time. The Faux news crowd is not arguing in good faith, so why are you acting like they are?

7 Likes

“Understand, these truckers work very hard. They are the salt of the earth.”

Yeah, maybe so, but remember how rock salt erodes infrastructure and automotive chassis? This is what they’re doing to democratic ideals. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

Can we all just do this and correct this messed-up timeline?

1 Like

no, because it happened and it’s continuing to have destructive consequences. If people put their heads in the sand, then we’ll never fix this messed up timeline.

6 Likes

Two issues perplex me:
(1) How does she not know who was president in 2020, when that very same person pardoned her felon husband on Jan 20, 2021, the only pardon he granted that day?
(2) How do you burn down streets?

4 Likes

Thank-you! I’ve made this argument repeatedly for a week now. It’s been exhausting here in Windsor.
On the plus side, I’ve come to see it as an opening: “so, NOW you want to talk about BLM?”
When fascists are dickering with language and literature, and the zone is truly flooded with sh#t, specificity gains greater importance. The 2020 BLM protests did not start with the murder of George Floyd at the hands of police. Sadly, cops killing a black man is an all too common occurrence in North America and does not normally spark one of the largest global mass demonstrations in at least a generation. It started with the viral video of the foul murder of George Floyd by police. Those of us who participated in the protests, (admittedly from a distance, in my case due to an autoimmune condition, {also fully masked outdoors which, I was informed by local “experts”, makes be a brainwashed zombie sheep}) sincerely cannot fathom how anyone could watch that brutal video and feel anything other than horror, revulsion and outrage. It was like a collective kick to the genitals that also broke our hearts. Criticism from anyone who felt nothing is inherently invalid. Comparing that shared global trauma to the CoupTruxFlu is supreme idiocy and downright offensive. The convoy began with a GoFundMe setup by far-right separatists unironically calling themselves Canada Unity. How utterly ignorant and/or morally bankrupt do you have to be to lend even a scrap of credibility to people who, in both documented words and deeds, proved they don’t care about Canada whatsoever and actively seek the opposite of Unity.

Sorry (obligatory). As I said it’s been exhausting.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.