Fox host shocked to hear Paul Romer call Trump administration dishonest

The relevant clip starts at 1:30, for those of you not interested in watching 4 minutes of Fox propaganda.

3 Likes

One more name to add to the list of “never asked back on Fox News again.”

You can tell when people are being honest and when they are fudging it, Romer has nothing to hide here.

“Growth”. . . the Dow Jones average goes through the roof and yet people are still living in cars or working two jobs to keep up their mortgages.

8 Likes

Right wingers are wondering why you posted a picture of Baltimore?

Yeah, it’s especially weird when there’s this faux-outrage about calling them “liars,” insisting it’s this terrible insult. It ain’t an insult if it’s true, and denying that truth is increasingly unsettling to see, even on Fox.

5 Likes

The concern trolling is wonderful. And look how Stuart clutches his pearls in disbelief that someone would have the audacity to call people in this administration liars! But of course, Stuart never addresses the underlying facts of Romer’s claim, just the presentation. Twenty percent growth in the fourth quarter? When there still isn’t a national plan for contact tracing, testing, or anything else? While deaths and cases continue to rise nationwide? I challenge Stuart to find any actual economist (as opposed to Larry Kudlow, who is a TV personality thrust into a policymaking position) who believes this to be the case. Even Jerome Powell isn’t so optimistic. The Trump administration’s rhetoric on Coronavirus long ago exceeded “give people some optimism” and entered the realm of fantasy. This is, of course, intended to dupe Americans into thinking everything is going great, for the sole and express purpose of getting Trump re-elected.

7 Likes

“The core competency of this administration is dishonesty.”

Beautifully said.

12 Likes

The part where Varney pretends to forget Romer’s name makes my blood boil.

1 Like

Smear campaign against Romer in 3-2-1…

1 Like

Stuart Varney reaction gif:

ds9-quark-shocked

6 Likes

“My pit of vipers is filled with vipers???”

• fox host
5 Likes

Or villains…

1 Like

Varney is the Foxer clutching his pearls. Imagine a Nobel economist calling the entire administration and Trump’s economics advisers liars for hire. Then Varney asks if he is even calling the president’s chief economics advisorLarry Kudlow a liar - “It’s insulting!” Sticking to his guns, Romer reminds Varney that Kudlow only has a BA in history - no economics training at all - he was just a FoxNews talking head Trump saw on the TV on night - just like Varney.

Of course, Romer is 100% RIGHT. The administration numbers are pure fiction for the MAGAs who, like Trump, are too stupid to understand how the numbers were pulled out of Krudlow’s butt.

Them intilexial collich boyz is comin’ fer ya Donny. The daze when ignorance is power is comin to an end and the smart boys are gonna rule once again. [And we lived happily everafter Nov 3rd.]

5 Likes

That’s the best answer so far. This administration is not made up of swamp creatures. They are the creatures who live under the swamp.

8 Likes

Seems like Varney has drunk so much of the Cult of Trump’s Kool-Aid that I expect him to start his next show bursting through the wall screaming “Oh yeah!”

1 Like

Host is clearly a moron: he says (@ 3:15) the projections for future earnings are not a lie because they themselves are “statistics.”

The fact that he (the host) maintained a straight face through all of this will probably lead him to a lucrative next career when he’s done at fox biz.

Good call. And have done so for decades. Brits are better at feigning shock, too I think (as in “I am shocked, -shocked-, to find gambling in this establishment”). I’m sure I remember one from A Current Affair doing a story on an emotional issue and saying “reporters aren’t supposed to cry” then shedding the most cynical tear - lifted straight out of the movie Broadcast News.

Maybe this is a pump and dump scheme for the entire market?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.