Fox mistakes bedsheets for snow

Cute as hell, but does anyone else get a little depressed at seeing this? The poor wild guy is following his instincts and hunting for food, and (in my normal human way of personifying everything I see, whether warranted or not) looks sad and confused when he fails. Then tries again. And again. And will always fail.

Ah well, I’m a bleeding heart… here’s one doing it for reals for ya!

https://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/animaljam/images/d/d8/Red_fox_pouncing.gif/revision/latest?cb=20130907134815

3 Likes

If you’re enabling all of those you’re doing it wrong.

Yup, definitely standard canine (and feline) behavior. Always cute. Add in a moving toe under the sheets for extra fun (note - only for pets that you trust not to actually bite your foot too hard).

1 Like

The relevant servers appear to be embed.ly , Presumably part of reddit’s newish self-hosted multimedia.

Cookies not required

api.embed.ly
i-cdn.embed.ly
cdn.embedly.com
1 Like

Dogs can’t see color; no cones in their eyes.

3 Likes

TRUE!

(Does that mean that all soft surface digging dogs think “snow”? I say GROUP DISCUSSION!)

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

No clue; I’m just saying if your sheets are light pink or blue, as opposed to white, a doggo won’t be able to tell.

2 Likes

If they are freshly laundered, that they know about instantly.

2 Likes

Of course; there’s nothing wrong with the canine sense of smell…

What the fox say?

5 Likes
4 Likes

That would be miss Juniper Fox.

Rescued from the fur trade. Her owner seems a bit on the nutty side, but she’s quick to tell everyone that having a pet fox is damn near impossible for most people, so at least she’s not outright enabling.

1 Like

You’ve opened my eyes!

1 Like

It’s understandable though.
So did everyone who watched Dr. Zhivago.

You are not alone on this one. BB, I am severely disappointed here. Let’s just have headline code here from now on…

Fox=cute furry woodland creature
FUX=the network

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve seen videos like this in the past, and always wondered about them. I’m assuming they’re guided by sound or smell from their prey underground. If so, why would foxes (or dogs) go after beds, which presumably don’t have either. Are they hearing bedsprings that sound like small animals underground? (Someone put a fox on one of those fancy pocket-coil mattresses. Or a waterbed. For science!) Or is it just time to wash those bed sheets?

Could be it’s looking for a bunny.

3 Likes

All I’m sayin’

Fox hears something scuttling around down there.

Bed has mice.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.