Fox mistakes bedsheets for snow

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/19/fox-mistakes-bedsheets-for-sno.html

3 Likes

Boing! Boing!

21 Likes

When I saw the headline, I automatically assumed you were talking about the network…

31 Likes

For those that don’t know, they do this action to pounce on food under the snow.

7 Likes

Hunting polar bears use a similar action to punch through the snow layer to get into hollow pockets (and the seal pups) beneath

4 Likes

Which 3rd party java do I need to allow to get this clip to play? BB is getting more loaded with media like these and my NoScript list just keeps getting longer.

cwdcntrl.net
ajax.googleapis.com
dtcn.com
jsrdn.com
embedly.com
secretrune.com
redditmedia.com
mgid.com
fark.com
ntv.io
scorecardresearch.com
quantserve.com
redditmedia.com
wp.com
unrulymedia.com
battleforthenet.com
stackcommerce.com
google-analytics.com
googletagservices.com
stack-sonar.com

6 Likes

Amusingly my jack russel does this. She’ll poke the sheet with a paw, then pounce and do a headstand while trying to dig.

4 Likes

Mine still does the pounce, but now he tries to get under the covers to haul whatever’s under there out.

4 Likes

Same here and I, for one, am disappointed.

7 Likes

Yup. My first thought was “welp, they put footage of Miami up when they ‘covered’ union protests in Madison, WI - sure, why not?” They’ve sure managed to garner themselves a low bar.

This is much better. I’ll be watching this fox loop for the rest of the day.

7 Likes

My cat does a similar action to punch through tall grass and get the grey-tailed voles scurrying around beneath.

4 Likes

Martha?! Fox says we have mice in the bed again!

7 Likes
5 Likes

IIRC, weren’t those bred to hunt rats? It is pretty neat the behaviors that can be ingrained.

3 Likes

Mistaken for snow? I’ve seen puppies do this on non-white bed sheets and upholstery… therefore…

2 Likes

11 Likes

Yep. Then she’ll settle down and huff.

3 Likes

and cocaine…

10 Likes

If it had been Fox News, the headline would have noted that Fox mistook bedsheets for evening dress. :wink:

10 Likes

What you did there, see it I do.

7 Likes