Fox News and neo-Nazi site call racist massacre an attack on Christianity

Oh, not impossible:

“What we got here, folks, is a steel cylinder, or bottle, containing Ox-ee-gen. And right next to it, we got ourselves a bottle of acetylene. You might say these two gases aren’t so interested in one another until you apply a touch of heat…”

But this is South Carolina, so maybe a sledgehammer is more in line with the way they do things down there. Sweet fucking hell that would be one awesome bit of civil disobedience.

5 Likes

Right? The CSA was a white supremacist state.

2 Likes

Great question.

Let’s consult The United States Flag: Federal Law Relating to Display and Associated Questions

I conclude, great question. The Confederate Flag flown by SC would seem to be contraindicated by the instructions provided by the US Senate.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, that would be all the excuse that police and national guards would need to shoot black men on sight.

You have to change the culture where white men with guns are perceived as frontiersmen, cowboys, and patriots and black men with guns are perceived as criminals.

2 Likes

But the fact that the confederate flag is actually worse because it represents all of that AND treason, instead of just invasion/occupation, is also compelling…

What’s wrong with treason, beyond what’s inherently wrong with levying war, and all that’s wrong with their cause?

It reminds me of one book I’d encountered somewhere, complaining that desertion was an evil which affected both sides during the civil war. If it affected both sides equally, then it simply cut the death toll in proportion, and if it affected one side more, then it most likely affected whichever side has the poorer motivation the more.

2 Likes

Oh, treason is great. The more power that’s toppled the better!

I’m just considering that it may resonate well with some folks when added to the quiver that’s brimming with other excellent arguments.

Since objects exist in 3 dimensional space while right and left are always in relation to a single viewpoint, and flags are printed the same on both sides, how are you supposed to ensure that no flag flies to the right of the US flag?

1 Like

By eliminating all other flags, of course.

I don’t know either.

3 Likes

As does my Stars and Stripes union suit…

The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery

2 Likes

Note that they never seem concerned that all those horrific mass shootings at schools are an “attack on America’s public education system.”

14 Likes

I wonder who is the poor sap that has the job of tying these people’s shoes. They are clearly to dumb to tie their own shoes. Maybe they are like my two year old and they have velcro instead of laces.

Why do people want to fly the Confederate flag? Are they celebrating the accomplishments of their loser ancestors

3 Likes

Why are you criticizing people for that, instead of, or at least along with, criticizing FOX for assuming ahead of time that the shooter was anti-Christian?

I’m not a Fox News defender, but

5 Likes

And all those monuments. Or “Tributes to Northern Marksmanship” as they’re called north of the M-D line.

4 Likes

Nah yer alright with those things, even the famous American banana hammock doesn’t break the rules

for they are only evocative of the flag, they aren’t actual flags.

YOU DON’T WANT TO SEE ME WHEN I’M ANGRY!!!111 USA USA

4 Likes

13 Likes

Do you mean angry… or excited? THESE COLORS DON’T STRETCH!

4 Likes

Once upon a time, couture like that meant solidarity for equality.

Yep, silver and gold…

This song was written in a hotel room in New York city 'round about the time a friend or ours, little Steven, was puting together a record of artists against apartheid.

This is a song written about a man in a shanty town outside of Johannesburg. A man who’s sick of looking down the barrel of white South Africa. A man who is at the point where he is ready to take up arms against his oppressor. A man who has lost faith in the peacemakers of the west while they argue and while they fail to support a man like bishop Tutu and his request for economic sanctions against South Africa.

Am I buggin’ you?

I don’t mean to bug ya…

Okay Edge, play the blues…

3 Likes

Ah…the old “start a race war” motive…where have we heard that one before?

No, it was used by citizens of the Confederate States of America who had sworn an oath to go to war against the United States and to kill American soldiers.

They had already seceded from the Union. They were not citizens of this country. They were traitors. They had committed treason, the penalty for which is death, but we stupidly did not hold them accountable for their actions.

2 Likes