Fox News host brutally attacks Gen Z, calling them everything from "stupid" to "pretty evil" (video)

Originally published at: Fox host viciously attacks Gen Z

3 Likes

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

17 Likes

Very wise; insulting a whole generation of future voters, when your party is already slowly dying…

26 Likes

Awesome. Keep hating the youth, the one demographic who are actually going to replace you no matter what you do, that you may vanish all the sooner.

19 Likes

It’s not like Gen Z has a shortages of reasons to hate your old ass anyways.

14 Likes

I seem to remember that same tone being used against Gen X. And (even though I’m too young to have seen this) wasn’t the same thing said about the boomers?

God…this whole “generations” thing is just dumb.

18 Likes

As a gen X I’ve always thought gen Z had a pretty good handle on things. Good to see Fox news confirm this.

14 Likes

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”
― Socrates

Everything remains as it ever was.

30 Likes

Boomer here (63). I distinctly recall my parents’ generation saying everything went to hell in the 1960’s. The younger generation was lazy, etc., etc.

I always wondered why it never occurred to them to consider who raised us …

17 Likes

Again, if this is part of the conservative outreach to youth voters, I approve of the strategy. Go for it.

19 Likes

That’s always my response to anyone who bitches and moans about any ‘younger generation’, and usually that makes them either shut up or change the subject.

17 Likes

Though as with many such quotes, that particular one is actually much younger than Socrates.

12 Likes

Pew Research found out 32% of Americans ages 18 to 29 get at least some news from tiktok

well, I guess better tiktok than fox news…

edit/ damn!

Tik Tok’s algorithm is pushing people toward a kind of reconsideration of Usama bin Laden

well, I guess its also a pretty low bar…

4 Likes

Fair enough.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet
– Abraham Lincoln

14 Likes

Just as it seems to be a developmental stage for many adolescents to believe they know more than the grand sum of adults, some adults lean into believing they’re smarter than all young people. Which is statistically unlikely.

10 Likes
6 Likes

From a quick Google, I see that this Dagen McDowell is a Gen Xer. I suppose her only chance to rise in the ranks of a cable network whose mission is to scare and outrage cranky old Boomers and Silents is to punch down at the Gen Z whippersnappers.

4 Likes

I mean… Jesse Watters is slightly younger than me… Assholes know no generation!

12 Likes

That only happened when people remembered we existed. No, I’m not salty about us being the forgotten generation.

9 Likes

You can say that again, Sonny. < /quavering old-person voice>

Really, the whole thing is an unfortunately successful divide-and-conquer strategy to prevent people of all ages from working in their common interest.

As a [b-word] myself, I sometimes think grandparents and grandchildren find common ground more easily than parents and children. I have a great deal of respect for the Gen-Z kids I meet and hear about. They seem more politically aware and, at least compared to me, more mature for their age. Their acceptance of LGBTQ+ folk is a good sign for the future.

18 Likes