Fox News interviews with Seattle residents about "Democrat decay" and crime take a very funny turn (video)

Originally published at: Fox News interviews with Seattle residents about "Democrat decay" and crime take a very funny turn (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I’ll bet the right-wing propaganda network would get equally unexpected interview answers about crime if it “tried that in a small town.” Their city-vs-country narrative is as bogus as the others they push.

24 Likes

“criminalizing crime” is this what passes as a meaningful statement to these yahoos?

14 Likes

About a year ago we had a candidate for a Washington Senate seat (Tiffany Smiley, a trump-y; she lost). She used Seattle as a “dystopian hell hole” in several of her campaign ads. One ad showed her walking within two blocks of where i live, and zoomed in on a trash bin on garbage collection day, where one of the bins had been knocked over, and yes… the shop owner (who I know) said they knocked it over, spread trash about, filmed the ad, and then (nicely?) cleaned it back up and moved on. Sadly, i suspect any of the conservative voters in eastern Washington, probably nodding muttered “yup” -sigh-

35 Likes

It’s pretty messed up how badly Republicans have been rooting for total social collapse in Democratic leaning areas. Imagine if a progressive news network kept sending reporters to rural towns just to needle the residents about all the fentanyl addiction and domestic violence.

24 Likes

Fox News to Seattle: Don’t believe your own lying eyes.

23 Likes

Somebody call the AV techs, because all I see at that table are a bunch of broken projectors.

20 Likes

We had Jim Jordan here in Chicago 2 days ago, doing a “field judiciary hearing” on crime in Chicago, which he says is caused by democratic policies.

Meanwhile, his own home district has crime rates almost double Chicago’s, with a rate of 37 per 1000 residents, and has the big city within called Danger City.

They don’t have facts. They have lies and a story to sell.

27 Likes

Indeed, Target said it was going to close nine stores. Out of 2000. In markets where they have literally hundreds of locations.

23 Likes

My Tory cousin in the UK kept sending all of the NYC based cousins propaganda about how terrible things are in the city… apparently the windows boarded up were made to look like there were constant riots during late Covid… we made fun of him. I took pics w my kids in one of the locations that he’d sent us Mirror’s photos of (Flatiron area). “The line for Shake Shack is still an hour in this dystopian hellscape.”

17 Likes

Funny how one of the major problems they (Fox Anchor) describe is that “It is a very highly educated city” :thinking:

12 Likes

“… well, the drug store gets broken into every week but it’s just Jerry every time, you know how he is”

19 Likes
2 Likes

“Democrat cities!”

5 Likes

It’s probably good they had Watters’ lackey out there, and not Watters himself. I somehow doubt they’d be able to bring themselves to air people contradicting and laughing directly at Watters.

4 Likes

As a Seattleite, I’m happy for them to spread the news that nobody should want to live here, especially MOVE here.

5 Likes

Is that why people spread the lie that it’s always raining in Seattle?

3 Likes

It’s raining right now, as a matter of fact. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Of course it is.

Of course! On right-wing media it’s always those over-educated, secular, librul elites who are accused of coddling criminals while trying to take cops and guns away from God-fearing (OK, everything-fearing) folks who live in real, rural America. :roll_eyes: I couldn’t watch the whole thing because I need my lunch to stay down, but wondered after a few minutes if they’re still telling viewers the entire city of Portland is on fire. :thinking:

Oh, I’m sure Philly would love to welcome Watters home…right up to the moment he starts some trash talk:

say something lol GIF by Shalita Grant

13 Likes