Fox News "mistakes" Patti LaBelle for Aretha Franklin

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/16/fox-news-mistakes-patti-la.html

9 Likes

Color me ‘shocked’ that they can’t tell them apart; ingrained bigotry is real.

30 Likes

Lot’s of people mistake Fox News for news.

54 Likes

That’s okay, Beyonce mistook Tina Turner for Aretha Franklin.

1 Like

tumblr_pdjnnhmnl41r3aa23o1_540

11 Likes

Loved Patti Frankin’s performance in Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. Even better than her turn playing Catwoman in the original Batman TV show.

24 Likes

But the pictures they used invariably came with some context.
Don’t they call some of those people “news” “readers?”

The same day they taught me about communist Japan.

16 Likes

To be fair, Fox mistakes bullshit for news all the time. They also mistake white privilege for earned respect and whataboutism and post hoc arguments for logic.

9 Likes

2g0g2z

6 Likes

Fox News, still unable to spell R-E-S-P-E-C-T after 22 years.

7 Likes

Which brings up a concern I have with Trump, why no command performances? Doesn’t he like music?

1 Like

The only music he likes is sung by the Ku Klux Klan Kwire.

2 Likes

I dislike Fox News as much as the next guy here but people get this shit wrong all the time. The Academy Awards used the photo of a living woman in their In Memoriam segment.

And she was also more than a “singer.”

2 Likes

She was great as Shirley in What’s Happening!!

1 Like

I’m sure she apologized.

Fox, on the other hand …

In all seriousness, I think this is not the first time. I seem to remember some big to do like this about 18-20 years ago that really pissed Patti off. Not sure about my Google-fu, but I’m going to search.

ETA: Can’t find anything, but I do remember something to do with Patti being disrespected way back when. This current situation sucks for both women.

Kinda think the post should have made it clear who is who. Not everyone need know what Franklin and LaBelle look like. (Fox “fact-checkers” excepted.)

Franklin’s in the left foreground, LaBelle’s in the right background.

It’s like they’re not even trying. (or they were all Christian Homeschooled)