Fox News trial delayed. "Things happen," says the judge

That’s why I think the x-factor is the reputational damage on either side.

Fox is probably more likely to try and settle because of how destructive the reveals have already been, and the risks from the other lawsuits. But Dominion is less likely to accept that because the reveal is as financially important to them as the payout and the penalty on Fox.

And just in terms of what’s come out already from this. And just how poorly Fox and the other parties have fared in the courts in all of the related suits. Trial must be looking pretty good Dominion right now.

2 Likes

Dominion will get enough money from a settlement that it will please its shareholders and then just change its name to start the process of fixing its “reputational damage.”

Dominion is a privately owned company, they do not have shareholders, they have partners. My suspicion is they’ll get a ton of money, rebrand, and continue to offer their services with a new name under the same private equity firm’s umbrella.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Sounds typical for Murdoch.

Over here in the UK it is estimated that he’s spent at least half a billion Pounds to avoid having to appear in court over his paper’s long-term hacking of people’s phones. Just a few weeks ago it was announced Murdoch has set aside another £127 million for upcoming cases.

And now it looks like the Daily Mail might be about to go the same way.

Oh dear - never mind.

4 Likes

I kind like the sound of Dominion News Network myself. That’s what the price should be… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Along with frozen food boy never working again and falafel getting the waterboard he said he was gonna get.

3 Likes

huh? what did i miss? is that something swanson fishdick said?

i mean, falafel can be dry sometimes, but no need to make it all soggy. yucko!

2 Likes

By “falafel”, I meant O’Reilly. He said way back that waterboarding wasn’t torture and to prove it he’d get waterboarded. Never did

ETA: Here’s why falafel [NSFW Language]

4 Likes

ooohhh.
wow. i totally missed that whole thing, or conveniently put it out of my memory.
uh, thanks i guess, for the refresher.

1 Like

the rock maui GIF

I remembered the misphrasing, but not how bad it was. Apparently I blocked that out of my memory.

Fox really does hire the best people, don’t they? /s

5 Likes
8 Likes

Oh I forgot about that. Holy shit it’s been like this all my life though.

2 Likes

And, done.

6 Likes

If the settlement is for $1 it still means that Faux lied.

3 Likes

Hopefully the settlement doesn’t come with the “and there’s no admission of guilt.”

7 Likes

Terms will likely never be disclosed, and this also ends potential sanctions against Fox and lawyers for the Rupert Murdoch thing.

2 Likes

To the surprise of no one…

2 Likes

Apparently I was wrong. Terms are disclosed somewhat by Dominion…

The settlement between Fox News and Dominion Voting Systems totals $787,500,000,

3 Likes

Well, well…looks like Fox is forced to admit they lied…

On-air claims about Dominion Voting Systems were false, Fox News says in statement

Fox News has issued a statement on its settlement with Dominion Voting Systems acknowledging that some of the right-wing network’s on-air statements about Dominion were false.

“We are pleased to have reached a settlement of our dispute with Dominion Voting Systems. We acknowledge the Court’s rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false. This settlement reflects FOX’s continued commitment to the highest journalistic standards. We are hopeful that our decision to resolve this dispute with Dominion amicably, instead of the acrimony of a divisive trial, allows the country to move forward from these issues," the statement said.

7 Likes