Frankenhooker. Seriously

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/26/frankenhooker-seriously.html

1 Like

The movie wasn’t the only thing that got made

4 Likes

Come on, it’s a classic. (I have seen it)

11 Likes

Did they throw in the bit at 1:07 just for the folks who get turned on by John Carpenter movies?

48 AM

4 Likes

Isn’t that kind of the plot of everything from Metropolis to Weird Science? Hardly surprising. Also, Rule 34 and all that.

But remember: technically it’s Frankenhooker’s Monster, the creation of Dr. Frankenhooker.

21 Likes

A Terrifying T

4 Likes

James Lorinz always seemed like the B-movie answer to Andrew McCarthy to me.

6 Likes

Everyone has seen this movie, haven’t they?
If not, why not?

13 Likes

This movie got made.

Is that a question?

5 Likes

Not only made but made with a TALKING BOX

If you pressed the button, it said her only catch line “Wanna date?”

Also, I’d say the whole movie was readable as a feminist cautionary tale for men on the whole madonna/whore body-image thing too. Been a long time since I watched it though so I am open to being challenged on that too.

7 Likes

With Louise Lasser in the credits? I want a date!

6 Likes

'D be something to tell the grand-kids.

“In my day the hookers weren’t made from just one woman, up hill, in the snow, both ways.”

4 Likes

At least true love prevails. (NSFW) & spoilers

9 Likes

The middle act was a little slow, but I tried to judge it on its artistic merits personally. Some very avant-garde, near ground breaking stuff.

5 Likes

Basket Case and Brain Damage are better, but this one was fun.

7 Likes

Well all know the answer starts “A mommy movie and a daddy move who love each other very much …”

7 Likes

has to be one of the greatest written and delivered lines in cinema history right there…

“Where’s my johnson?!”

I am waiting for 45 to retroactively force the Academy to recognize this and give Oscars to all.

4 Likes

Frankenhooker: A Modern Pro

3 Likes

This movie got made.

Well sure it did, where’ve you been?

Didn’t you see where they said “from the makers of Basket Case”? If they’re servicing fans it’s their own.

3 Likes