Frankenhooker. Seriously

It may not be surprising that this movie didn’t serve her well, but it’s kind of a shame. : ) In the parts where her performance isn’t hidden by her accurately playing a fully braindead sewn-together corpse, I think she shows some talent.

I’d go see it. I like Z-grade entertainment.

1 Like

I vaguely remember this movie was cited along with Robert Mapplethorp as the decline of civilization by conservatives in the early 90s. Or it was an R-rated movie that was an argument for NC-17 ? Somehow this movie came up in mass media back in the day.

1 Like

There was a guy on our dorm floor who would rent movies like Killer Klowns, Eat the Rich, Elvira and Pink Flamingos, and watch them on my roommate’s TV (because said roommate was the only person who’d brought one). This would’ve fit right in but it came out a couple of years later.

1 Like

I was a Troma fan as well as Reanimator and all the movies you mentioned. My friend swore by Basketcase.

4 Likes

As did both Joe Bob Briggs and Rex Reed!

1 Like

REX REED? He hated everything…

1 Like

True that. Sadly, I cannot bring myself to recommend the auteur’s “Bad Biology”

1 Like

Or at least a sequel. Frankenhooker II: The Reckoning

I was born with seven clits. Seven that I know of. Seven that I can feel and touch.

I like Bad Biology a lot, but I agree that it is one of his lesser works. Maybe because of the long hiatus from movies. Maybe because of the producers he was working with. It has a similar cheap and nasty feel to it, but seems to take itself more seriously - while still being quite absurd.

I forgot about Interface, filmed in Arlington TX (a nice place to be from)

1 Like

Not surprised they actually made the Frankenhooker movie.

I am still waiting for Iron Sky 2! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPwtDjzJMI

TQQdles™

The other two are wonky lovelies (or lovely wonkies?), but Frankenhooker’s my fave, for sure!

1 Like

It’s also made decades after I would have thought a movie like this would have been made. 1965? Sure. 1975? Also believable. But 1990?

There have been some fairly sleezy movies made around the 80’s-90’s but you’re right, it seems like the kind of movie i’d expect to see much earlier.

I thought Frankenhooker was brilliant. “Wanna date?”, she said.

1 Like

I’m so glad you posted this, because I actually own this movie in the talking VHS box. The battery was barely working and is soldered into the board. It however, does still say the catchphrases of “Got any money?” “Wanna date?”

This movie was a staple of B-movie marathons I had in college.

4 Likes

I’d see that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.