Frat boys who posed with rifles in front of a shot-up civil rights memorial kicked out of frat

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/26/frat-boys-who-posed-with-rifle.html

8 Likes

Being too racist for a Mississippi frat is some next-level stuff.

88 Likes

Usually when you go to College you get smarter, but these imbeciles proved that wrong.

26 Likes

I think it’s more about them doing it in a public space.

There is no bar for being too racist for KA.

25 Likes

Racist, obviously, but to be expected in the South where this crap goes largely unchecked (South Carolina expat here).

What really boils my blood is the insensitivity (on top of the awful racism) of shooting up the sign and then posing with their guns. The Charleston shooting was not that long ago! They have no excuse to think this is just good ol boys having a laugh. I hope they get their asses handed to them by the FBI or DOJ for white nationalist domestic terrorism.

34 Likes

16 Likes

God, we had so many stories in college about how cartoonishly, stupidly racist Kappa Alpha members were… >:(

19 Likes

" went in dumb, come out dumb too"

3 Likes

Yeah, the problem was being stupid enough to get caught, not being too racist.

13 Likes

Just an observation: They were too cowardly to shoot and pose during the day when everyone could see them.

The light, it burns.

Well, ok then.

29 Likes

Kicked out of a frat (and I will not use the somewhat more respectful term “fraternity” for racist idiots). It’s a start, but I’d like to hear that they get kicked out of the university, denied admission elsewhere, and can’t land cushy jobs anywhere.

Any company that hires them should be blacklisted. And yet somehow I’m guessing they’ll land high-up positions in investment companies . . . .

25 Likes

What I thought was really fucked up was that no one was sure they were the ones who shot up the sign, because apparently that happens regularly. Shit really hasn’t changed there.

I dunno. I’d say this might have taught them a lesson, at least.

13 Likes

That, and they’ll no doubt be right back in the frat as soon as the press coverage dies down.

2 Likes

It sounds like that whole frat could go and nothing of value would be lost.

33 Likes

As if national law enforcement believes white men can commit acts of terror.

19 Likes

It does not represent our chapter

I’m pretty sure it does, but these idiots provided proof of their racism themselves so time to save face with the public.

19 Likes

The Confederate Army should be designated as a terrorist organization. Anyone seeking to lionize it, recreate it in modern times or otherwise further its goals should be on the terrorist watch list, at least.

25 Likes

Why are fraternities even a thing?

Seriously, the rest of the world doesn’t have these odd collections of Greek letters and foul behaviour. Why are they such a part of American university culture?

19 Likes

Its “tradition” and “networking”. Aka a way for affluent white folks to filter the rubbish out that don’t belong.

12 Likes

This is a fantastic history of how frats started and how they ended up the way they are. It’s a damn cesspool.

23 Likes