Free online course: how to write and read fake news

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/06/free-online-course-how-to-wri.html

2 Likes

FYI, I believe the phrase is “fourth estate” not “state.”

7 Likes
  1. What is something that is sensational and that many people wish would be true?
  2. PROFIT
4 Likes

It’s a growth business.

1 Like

BIBLE TWO POINT OH FOUND! REVEALS MAP TO LOCATION OF JESUS’S HIDDEN EARTHLY TREASURE!

Wow, never got this one before:
Body seems unclear, is it a complete sentence?

6 Likes

Haven’t you heard? There’s no such thing as facts anymore. If “fourth state” feels right, it doesn’t have to be true.

10 Likes

Just move here:

“The Americans loved our stories and we make money from them,” he boasts, making sure I see the designer watch he’s fiddling with. “Who cares if they are true or false?”

3 Likes

I think that story is fake.

6 Likes

The story about that story being fake is fake.

5 Likes

Just an interesting factoid. I found the link reading the Superpunch blog:

1 Like

I saw it mentioned in another thread here (and I’ve witnessed it myself too) that conservatives are re-branding any mainstream media report they don’t like as “the REAL fake news.” I wonder how far they can take that-- the economy is doing pretty good right now, but if one of Trump’s policies causes some huge drop in the market (note how a single Trump tweet about Boeing caused their stock to plummet) will they insist the market is actually doing great? As the saying goes “reality tends to have a liberal bias”, if you start telling people observable reality like inflation or unemployment is an illusion, you eat away at your own credibility even among the faithful.

1 Like

1 Like

To Hell with the online course! I want in on the new Elvis religion. Something to hold on to for the coming progressive tribulations.

2 Likes

Your’e the puppet!!!

Fake stories all the way down.

Thanks. Because we need more of this.

3 Likes

THIS IS A COMPLETE SENTENCE!

…but it still gets that error message.

1 Like

There are four states of matter: solid, liquid, gas, and fake news.

2 Likes

Photoschlop (v): To strategically photoshop a schlong in the background of an image.

1 Like

I think the “fake news state” roughly correlates to “excited state” in quantum physics.

1 Like

The average age of Fox News viewers is 68. Many of them haven’t been in an excited state in decades.