"Frites by Idaho" is a new perfume that smells like french fries

Originally published at: "Frites by Idaho" is a new perfume that smells like french fries | Boing Boing

2 Likes

s-l300

3 Likes

"…One of the finest perfumes of Idaho!"

7 Likes
3 Likes

Poutine

7 Likes

So… it smells like hot grease?

2 Likes

That’s a “love scent” in New Jersey. Don’t ask how I know…

4 Likes

I’m sure Demeter probably already did it ages ago.

1 Like

I heard back in college the best way to cover weed smell in your car was to get an order of mcdonalds fries and just leave it in there. Never tried it (the fry trick) but it makes sense!

Most perfumes and colognes make me want to gag, honestly. I dunno how people wear them. I would find this kind of thing a lot more pleasant. I’d probably roll with something more like “Fresh Cinnamon Roll”, but to each their own.

1 Like

https://www.fragrancex.com/products/_cid_perfume-am-lid_d-am-pid_77203w__products.html

1 Like

A friend used to put a dab of vanilla behind each ear. She got a lot of “Oh, that’s lovely and familiar…” (faces straining as they struggle to work out where they know the smell from, and why they’re thinking of cookies).

2 Likes

Can’t remember where or who, but years ago I read about a study that was looking for what scent men found to be the most sexy turn-on, and it turned out to be cinnamon.

(I have no citation, just my memory of having read that somewhere once upon a time. Funded by the baking industry? Perhaps. Big Cinnamon.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.