Frog and rocket lift off, simultaneously

[Permalink]

I want that frog to be okay (as in, not cooked) but even if the photo is of its last seconds of life, what a way to go!

4 Likes

the frog looks like it jumped as high as the rocket for just one millisecond

I regret nothiiiiiing!!!

10 Likes

I can’t even think about the frog. All I can think about is what an appropriate name “Wallops” is for a rocket facility.

2 Likes

Given how far away you had to be to photograph the rocket and the size of your average frog, I would say the frog is fine as long as it didn’t weigh 3 or 4 tons.

This is a forced perspective trick.

3 Likes

NASA says that the camera was ‘on a sound trigger’, rather than manned, and could well have been rather closer. Doesn’t dismiss that possibility; but rocket launches aren’t something that they leave to the humans to photograph (though, obviously, their PR people aren’t likely to keep the press away).

Ahhh-Muppets :smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMWWVco

Kermit, this is not how to join the Pigs in Space crew!!

1 Like

And you thought the cows were scared of that other rocket.

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the frog as it was launched into the air was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the frog had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now.

6 Likes

At his debriefing, the intrepid and celebrated Mr Frog showed signs of fatigue and had to be helped to the podium.

6 Likes

“Blasted by exhaust from a revolutionary new rocket engine, an ordinary frog gained uncanny mutant powers and became . . .
ROCKET FROG!”

1 Like

“Fickt nicht mit Rocketefrosch!”

1 Like

3 Likes

It’s a bird!

It’s a plane!

It’s a frog!

When we were kids, if we wanted to blow up a frog we had to stick a firecracker up its butt. And we liked it.

“One small step for a frog:
One giant leap for frog kind” - http://www.rocketfrog.ca

1 Like

FROG - Flying Reptile Over Ground

That picture is a poignant symbol of whatever political point I’m trying to make.