"Frog on the Floor" is the evolutionary pinnacle of SoCal Pop-Rock

Originally published at: "Frog on the Floor" is the evolutionary pinnacle of SoCal Pop-Rock | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I’m not the only one hearing a strong Ween influence, am I? @thomdunn, what you think?

2 Likes

Didn’t understand the appeal of them until I saw them live recently. Fun band, fun crowd.

1 Like

Neat sound. Not sure if I like the lock stepped electronic music in the background, but the lyrics are silly and fun like some of my favorite bands (The Dead Milkmen, They Might Be Giants, Cake).

3 Likes

Pedantry warning, but… ‘the most finest!?’

I detect a subtle Hanna Barbera/Sid and Marty Kroft influence. That’s definitely an 90s thing. Remember the Saturday Morning: Cartoons’ Greatest Hits album from 1995?

3 Likes

Pitchfork heard it that way too!

1 Like

Fun fact: I interviewed the producer and engineer on that album last summer! Hopefully turning it into another project pitch…

3 Likes

One of my favorite mixed albums of the decade. So many excellent versions of cherished old cartoon songs.

2 Likes

It’s just meh, but I’m a tough crowd. I was in an industrial band which used a truck door as one of our instruments. XD

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.