Frontier Airlines duct-taped an unruly man to his seat

The best part was when they arrived: “Fast or slow?”

2 Likes

(Actually its battery. Assault is the threatening action. Battery is the commission of the action.)

But the triggering event here is alcohol. You shouldnt be allowed to board the plane drunk and they shouldnt serve alcohol on flights.

4 Likes

They carry several of those demonstration seatbelts on every flight. Those should work of knotted. The buckle is maybe a bit easy to open otherwise

2 Likes

I’ve also never been a fan of duct tape. I prefer actual gaffers tape.

3 Likes

Well if you want to waste the good stuff on unruly airplane passengers that’s up to you, I guess. Personally I don’t think they deserve the privilege of gaffers tape.

8 Likes

Oh god no, Not on that guy but for most other things I prefer to use better tape than duct.

1 Like

/s

10 Likes

As the old saying goes- Silence is golden, duct tape is silver.

10 Likes

I’ve been very drunk on planes before and never done anything like this. The worst I’ve done ugly cried while listening to Harry Potter audio books on a transcontinental flight. I’ve also done it sober.

This kid is just a trash person.

12 Likes

While I still love the smell, I haven’t used WD in years.

I’d like to recommend:

And if you need a dry lube:
https://www.mclubemarine.com/sailkote/

2 Likes

Wow. Hard to believe that he’s 22.

6 Likes

We should have, long ago, done away with the Security Theater aspects of flying in this country.
No more shoe removal, groping, scrutiny of liquids, etc.
The last time I flew [pre-9/11/01}, you emptied your pockets & went thru the metal detector while your carry-on bag went thru the x-ray machine… the only addition I would make would be that of roaming bomb-sniffing dogs.
Otherwise, you fly with the knowledge that you will be subject to the tender mercies of your Fellow Passengers if you act up, & adequate supplies will be available to deal with the situation.
Duct tape & cable ties for restraint… staple gun if you refuse to wear your mask… a ball gag for screamers… etc, etc.

No need for the airline employees to get involved at all, except to alert the authorities at the next stop to collect the remains…

1 Like

You’re getting awfully close to implying that an adult who has access to alcohol is not culpable (or at least less culpable) for their own actions. I’ll wager dozens of other folks imbibed alcohol on that plane yet managed not to assault anyone.

11 Likes

I won’t even debate anyone who doesn’t recognise the superiority of Ballistol. Why would I want to use an oil that I can’t use as medicine in a pinch or ingest a bottle of without ill effects?

2 Likes

Prepared dads always wear a belt to (a) replace broken restaurant high chair belts (b) tow strollers up steep hills (c) restrain idiots on airplanes, or (d) all of the above, and whatever else comes up.

(We have Swiss army knives too, but not on planes.)

4 Likes

Not me. I’ll just grab the nearest snake on the plane.

4 Likes

After all the bad publicity, their “suspension” was changed to a “paid leave.” So that’s good!

9 Likes

Oof, how could I forget.
I really only used it on firearms though. Also, I don’t recommend ingesting it.
ballistol-CLP-Warning-Label
it.

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t recommend it either but I also wouldn’t put much stock in those warnings either. There is at least one case of a child drinking a whole bottle and suffering nothing worse than diarrhea.

2 Likes