Frontier Airlines duct-taped an unruly man to his seat

Originally published at: Frontier Airlines duct-taped an unruly man to his seat | Boing Boing

4 Likes

It really pains me to acknowledge that, for some things, gaff tape or zip ties just aren’t always the right choice.

17 Likes

Way To Go Thumbs Up GIF

21 Likes

flying is almost as bad as riding the subway. FFS do we really need to put a cop on every plane?

5 Likes

No, just a half-dozen rolls of duct tape.

16 Likes

Duct tape is great but they really need to step it up in it’s application.

12 Likes

Yeah! And why duct-tape* at all? Given the current frequency of mega-twit passengers can’t they provide flight crews with something a bit more re-usable? Think of the cleaning crews! At least a nicely colored fishing net, with matching gag, and bungee cables around the back of the chair.

(*insert your favorite quotes from Red Green here)

8 Likes

I know a guy who donated his belt to the flight crew for use as a restraint when a passenger on his El Al JFK-TLV flight charged the cockpit. I think he got his belt back when they landed and the police took the guy off the plane.

6 Likes

I mean, they sorta were for awhile there. But I think they have dialed that back.

I say duct tape is better than throwing them off the plane. :wink:

Someone, somewhere…

8 Likes

Are there any adults left in the world? Why, for so many, is temper tantrum total meltdown their FIRST response to any stress?

15 Likes

I had a 2nd grade teacher who duct taped a fellow student’s chair to his desk (with him in the chair). He certainly didn’t rock the chair back or get up and interrupt class anymore that day. I’m pretty sure someone would get sued for that now a days, but it worked great even long term.

3 Likes

“If it moves and it shouldn’t…”

I wonder if flight attendant training now includes tactical duct taping.

6 Likes

2nd grade – that’s what, seven or eight years old?

3 Likes

Let’s not forget that “inappropriately touching” is also assault, pure and simple.

20 Likes

I guess the women not only didn’t find him handsome, but also found him handsy.

13 Likes

well done! that’s even better than it looks.

2 Likes

Yup. If I remember correctly he liked to lean back in his chair. It was the kind with the metal runners that wrapped around from the seat all the way up the back rest. I know he fell back out of it a couple of times and was warned about it. Probably even sent to the office at least once. He also would get up and sort of wander around the class when we had personal learning time (like when the teacher would give us a worksheet or something.)

I get that we were just kids, but at a certain point I think it was just as much about giving him some type of punishment as it was keeping him from cracking his skull open.

1 Like

But! But! His parents have 2 Million dollars!

2 Likes

they clearly hate him by making him fly frontier

3 Likes

It’s truly astounding how often this flowchart applies, isn’t it?

19 Likes