Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Or, here’s an idea: just use Signal instead of Twitter 2.0’s ambiguously encrypted Signal clone

6 Likes
12 Likes

What The Wtf GIF by MIA GLADSTONE

16 Likes

Somebody in Twitter’s ad department is gonna get fired over this. This shown up on my feed an minute ago :rofl:

negative tesla twitter ad

(Link to the original tweet)

15 Likes

I am not sure Twitter has an ad dept anymore - just built-in functionality to promote tweets, which is still running

10 Likes

That piece of shit is about three tweets away from writing “I grew up under Apartheid and everything was great.”

23 Likes
13 Likes
21 Likes

ALEXIS KEENAN: Hi, Akiko. So this is a report that’s coming from Bloomberg, citing sources. What they say is that more than half of the company’s in-house attorneys specifically have either been fired. They have been laid off, severed, if they went and took that option from Musk to leave the company, if they didn’t want to engage in a hardcore-- his hardcore work proposal. So some of these, particularly, are senior attorneys, and those include the chief legal officer, the general counsel, deputy general counsel, among others. They’re included in this group.

And the concern here is that the depth of Twitter’s legal knowledge know-how, really, could be in jeopardy. Just two deputy general counsels are said to remain at the company-- the head of litigation as well as the head of international legal affairs. Now, the exact head count of the legal staff, Bloomberg says, is not known specifically, though some of the exits did come before Musk took over at the company.

If we look at the numbers before Musk’s involvement, the department had 150 to 200 in-house lawyers. That’s now dwindled to fewer than 100 attorneys. Now, as for the company’s total staff that we’ve focused on and talked so much about, those numbers have pared down, too, from about 7,000 employees before Musk got involved with the company to about 2,750 employees as of November the 21st. That’s what Bloomberg says.

Now, like all social media companies, though, Twitter must continuously contend with legal issues from content moderation to keeping global regulators at bay. That goes for the US. That goes for overseas. Even before Musk got involved, the US had fined-- the FTC had fined the company $150 for a compliance issue.

Pretty much everyone suing or planning to sue Twitter be it an individual, an group or regulatory body:

5 Likes

Trying out adding alt text, here.

7 Likes

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 3.23.39 PM

12 Likes

“A large coalition of political/social activist groups”

Who?

Seriously, is there some Council of Woke that gets around some shadowy round table and decides these things? /s

13 Likes

I do most of my stuff at a local level but I’m up for enlarging that coalition. Could we please make it?

7 Likes

waddayaknow, that tweet just won’t load for me

3 Likes

This was the initial promise Musk made that he now claims is off because “They broke the deal.”

Note that it includes no conditions and makes no mention of other parties. He framed the “content moderation council” as an entirely internal policy matter.

lies

Such a pathetic, hateful man.

17 Likes

6 Likes

He means they broke the social contract. You know, where everyone tacitly agreed to let Musk fuck around however he wanted and call him a genius for it. But now all these activists – you know, like General Motors and Merck – are acting like he should find out instead. If that’s not breaking the deal what is? :roll_eyes:

19 Likes

Wait, did I say Woke?

9 Likes

I like the first part.

6 Likes

2 Likes