Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

They only need to increase that by 20 some times to be able to make the interest payment. Should be easy for a genius like Elon. (/s)

8 Likes

Rest of World also had this article on the 20th.

ā€œElon Muskā€™s arrival has meant changes that have rehabilitated polarizing, insidious and hate-spreading discourses [on Twitter],ā€ Rafael Morales, associate researcher at UNAM Civic Innovation Lab, a public policy research laboratory in the National Autonomous University of Mexico, told Rest of World. He worries that, as Twitter becomes more permissive of hate speech, the increased criticism against it has ended up inadvertently amplifying it.

ā€œThereā€™s always a risk that when you say you hate hate-speech, you become a magnifier of the thing you hate,ā€ said Prudencio.

5 Likes

Blastar for HTML5:
https://blastar-1984.appspot.com/

1 Like

How are things going with that $44 billion investment?

7 Likes

And chances are thatā€™s still optimistic.

ETA: And it looks like my bankruptcy prediction was wrong. I thought heā€™d file before these grants.

6 Likes

Honestly, I think heā€™s going to end up having to be talked down to a 15 billion dollar offering at least. 15 billion to buy with an investor having to spend another 5 billion to put out all of the fires Elon started there and another 2 to 4 billion to doing some serious upgrades for twitter to compete with the upstarts who got started specifically because they smelled blood in the water with how Elon was effing things up.

Itā€™s still going to be quite the task to get the company profitable in 3 to 4 years.

4 Likes

I think itā€™s quite the task to make sure it EXISTS in 3 to 4 years

7 Likes
8 Likes

But not the ranking stuff that Elon promised? Figures.

4 Likes

Not paying severance will have zero consequences.

6 Likes

The executive who spoke with the NYT are primarily concerned that revelations gleaned from the stolen code could empower future hacking efforts, either by revealing new exploits or allowing bad actors to access Twitter user data.

Those new API pricing plans are going well.

More seriously, David Pierce at The Verge linked to the DMCA takedown request. It looks like the account wasnā€™t active until January. Seems this wasnā€™t one of the accounts the company had been using which was still controlled by former Twitter developers, reported on in December.

2 Likes

If a source code leak enables access to user data you have some serious endemic problems. Probably ones youā€™d find in due diligence.

3 Likes
14 Likes
7 Likes

ā€œInverse startup??ā€ Not sure what thatā€™s supposed to mean, but he seems to be admitting that Twitter is currently worth less than half of what he paid for it.

6 Likes

Wouldnā€™t an ā€œinverse startupā€ be a shutdown? Seems like Elonā€™s expressing an unusually clear-eyed and honest view of the track Twitter is onā€¦

8 Likes

ā€œWeā€™ve generated record inverse profits this quarter with no sign of slowing down!ā€

This is like a case study for how to run a company on Bizarroā€™s planet.

7 Likes

But the blame is on the bots, now powered by a new buzzword, of course.

2 Likes

ā€œItā€™s only fine when I do itā€ is basically the entire code of ethics for the right at this point.

4 Likes

4 Likes