15 Likes

They finally nailed a landing.

1 Like

calling it ā€œminingā€ makes it sound like a productive activity

itā€™s really a form of automated gambling

people understand what ā€œgamblingā€ is, and why itā€™s wasteful

11 Likes
14 Likes

ā€œWall Street is already betting that Musk will take the opportunity to play a little investing game.ā€

Lorne is playing the stocks. Shitty how a Republican ring master has been playing SNL all these years.

4 Likes

Anywaysā€¦ this is probably going to be terribleā€¦

Iā€™m not a fan of Miley Cyrus, but Iā€™d much rather see her host than Musk.

4 Likes

Well my kids used to be so Iā€™m familiar but her version of Fade into you rocks

3 Likes

Mehā€¦ I know everyone seems to love her covers this past year or so, and sheā€™s certainly talented, but Iā€™m just not a fan. Itā€™s not even really the Disney thing that makes me dislike her work. I just donā€™t enjoy her voice very much. YMMV.

Still, Iā€™d MUCH rather her host than Musk. I can stand her (she was fine in the Black Mirror episode that she was in, for example).

3 Likes

The thing that annoys me about this promo is Musk wearing a bandana as a face covering when we all know that bandanas donā€™t offer much protection. It screams, ā€œF*** your Covid-19 rules, NBC.ā€

8 Likes

Itā€™s hard to see, but he has on a mask under the bandana. You can see the ear loops a bit at the end. I doubt theyā€™d let him there without adhering to the protocols, because that can force them to have to do the last few shows from home rather than in the studio. They did disinvite a musical guest already for violating their protocols, soā€¦

4 Likes

Ah, youā€™re correct! I see it now that I can zoom in on my phone. I didnā€™t see it on my TV.

But now Iā€™m wondering why he wore a mask under the bandana? I thought he didnā€™t buy into all the Covid safety protocols.

Now he appears in double mask. Heā€™s an odd duck. :wink:

5 Likes

Given that heā€™s a giant dick, I wonder if your confusion is not exactly the point? Looking like he is breaking the rules while in reality doing what is required in order to be there?

8 Likes

Difficult to address when the oh so distracting golden ā€œrevolving doorā€ into the aerospace industry so enticingly beckons.

1 Like

I will take her over Grimes any day. I have tried, honestly, but I just cannot enjoy any of her music. Ok, ā€œViolenceā€ is a bit of a bop, but something I would only listen to if I could not listen to non-Grimes music

Hoping here for exploding rocket and crashing car sketches.

4 Likes

Probably because they wouldnā€™t have let him host SNL otherwise, and as itā€™s going to be an opportunity to fuck with the value of his doge coin (to make him even richer), then he was playing by their rulesā€¦

You misspelled asshole! :grimacing: Maybe get your spell-check servicedā€¦ :rofl:

I doā€¦ or did, like her music, so Iā€™d generally speaking go with Grimes over Cyrusā€¦ I donā€™t know how I feel about her stuff now though. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

22 Likes

I didnā€™t want to unleash the Elon tech-bros in this thread, but yeah, I meant asshole. :wink:

He wants to appear edgy and rebellious, so he popped a bandana over itā€¦because bandanas are edgy. :grin:

7 Likes

The whole thread is called ā€œFuck Elon Muskā€ though!

episode 4 man GIF

11 Likes

(She should stick with country. She has a great voice for it. Pop not so much.)

3 Likes