Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

5 Likes

PREVIOUSLY ON BOING BOING

10 Likes

Removing blocks is one of my few hard lines. When he takes that away, I spend one day telling Twitter friends so long, and then I delete and vanish. I doubt I’ll be the only one either.

5 Likes

What’s a stronger form of mute? Is he just going to redefine mute, just like he tried to redefine shadow bans?

3 Likes

The only reason I was able to stay on Twitter as long as I did is because I was able to block people that would routinely attack me for my identity. When I finally deleted my account in December, I had 275k accounts blocked. I know most of my friends still on there rely on that functionality to be able to keep using the site at all.

6 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

“He’s Michael Scott meets Dr. Evil.”

That checks out.

2 Likes

Maybe even the next Compuserve.

4 Likes

“my first reaction is I am astounded. These are classic mechanical automotive engineering challenges that you have in pretty much any vehicle. I’m blown away that they would be struggling so much with the basics.”

I’m not. He’s scared by competence.

6 Likes

The “alpha” version of the EV company’s first pickup had problems with braking, handling,

So nothing important then. /s

8 Likes

Yeah, FUCK HIM!

2 Likes

I mean, he’s leading the charge for fascism so yeah.

5 Likes

7 Likes

4 Likes

c6644abdfa0086d2e2a5f4be00fa1d8f

4 Likes

https://archive.ph/YE7Ey

3 Likes

Part it is behind a paywall, but the onebox has the tl;dr.

5 Likes

the company’s trust and safety systems are hanging in the balance

TIL Twitter still has trust and safety systems.

5 Likes

I wonder if some of this was the root cause behind those CSAM removal failures documented earlier

3 Likes