Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Just call out “Jesus take the wheel!” and then he’s responsible for anything that happens afterward.

7 Likes

yeah, and that’s even assuming the software doesn’t backdate the records.

it would surprise me if they had to go through the same level of vetting that flight recorders do. probably a fair amount of self policing that’s probably allowed, i’d imagine

5 Likes

Video: Tesla fire keeps reigniting at Sacramento wrecking yard 3 weeks after crash

11 Likes

3 Likes

Bobby Moynihan No GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

I trust Tesla’s unaudited logs less than VW’s diesel testing.

10 Likes

Nose Lying GIF by GEICO

4 Likes

It’s just like all those times when someone says

I was straight, I only started having same sex partners because people were abusing me by calling me gay.

Oh wait, hardly anyone has said that. It’s probably because it’s about as believable as

I was left wing, I only voted for the right because people were abusing me by saying I was right wing.

But thinking about it, how many right wing LGBTQ+ people vote for centre-left parties because the right wingers can’t stop themselves from being abusive towards them. Yet again, it is projection.

4 Likes

How much you wanna bet that Musk has ALWAYS voted Republican?

9 Likes

On Wednesday morning, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration released data on the safety, or lack thereof, of advanced driver assistance systems. Since June 2021, automakers have been required to inform NHTSA if any of their vehicles crash while using partially automated driving systems, also known as SAE level 2 systems.

As many suspected, Tesla’s Autopilot system accounted for the majority of crashes since the reporting period began. In fact, Teslas represented three-quarters of all ADAS crashes—273 out of 367 crashes reported between July 2021 and May 15, 2022. The news provides yet more data underminingTesla’s safety claims about its Autopilot system.

In the past, Tesla and even NHTSA have claimed that Autopilot reduced crash rates by 40 percent. However, as we reported in 2018, that claim fell apart once a consulting company called Quality Control Systems got its hands on the data.

4 Likes

I mean, I could also believe that this is the first time he bothered voting. :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

Could be!

4 Likes

And @Mindysan33, I’m also very suspicious of his sudden political postings. I get a “born again” vibe, but with politics. I bet he was politically apathetic and never took the time to vote because he believed his time was so important. I also think he has the kind of ego that believes he can turn his fan base into registered Republicans.

7 Likes

Maybe it’s because his money can’t buy the political influence that it once did. It would also explain the ongoing Twitter ordeal.

7 Likes
4 Likes

How much you wanna bet that Musk has never voted because he is rich and his money throws far more weight than his vote ever would

ETA: Should have read down thread. Cokes all around

7 eleven coke GIF

7 Likes

He has so much, more of everything than anyone could ever need

except attention from strangers, apparently

He always needs more of that for some reason

5 Likes

A group of employees at SpaceX wrote an open letter to COO and president Gwynne Shotwell denouncing owner Elon Musk’s public behavior and calling for the rocket company to “swiftly and explicitly separate itself” from his personal brand.

The letter, which was acquired through anonymous SpaceX sources, calls Musk’s recent behavior in the public sphere a source of distraction and embarrassment. Musk’s tweets, the writers argue, are de facto company statements because “Elon is seen as the face of SpaceX.”

[…]

To that end, the letter is calling on SpaceX to live up to its “no asshole” and “zero tolerance” policies, both of which the writers say are applied unequally across the company – especially with regard to Elon Musk. The employees have three demands, which they they would like to discuss in person with the executive team within a month:

* Address and condemn Musk’s Twitter behavior, then take the aforementioned steps to separate SpaceX from Musk’s brand
* Hold leadership equally accountable, by which the writers mean they want leadership to critically assess whether leadership is preventing employees from fully performing their jobs, “treated with the same rigor and urgency as establishing flight rationale after a hardware anomaly”
* Clearly define and respond to all unacceptable behavior, and establish safe avenues for reporting violations from all levels of employees

[…]

I am almost positive Mr Musk will respond to this in a mature and constructive way.

12 Likes

[…]

Johnson, a US citizen, wants $86 billion in damages, plus tripled damages of $172 billion for losses incurred from trading dogecoin since 2019. He is seeking to represent a class of people who have lost money investing in dogecoin.

The lawsuit also demands that Musk, Tesla and SpaceX cease promoting dogecoin.

[…]

ETA:

Musk can’t tweet about Tesla without lawyer approval – and he’s still fighting to end that

8 Likes

At least five employees were fired by private rocket company SpaceX after drafting and circulating an open letter criticizing founder Elon Musk and calling on executives at the start-up to make the company’s work culture more inclusive, according to two people familiar with the matter.

14 Likes