Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

… week that Elon Musk fired most of Tesla’s team behind their Supercharger electric vehicle charging moment. Ed Zitron brings on E.W. Niedermeyer, author of Ludicrous: The Unvarnished Story of Tesla Motors, to explain exactly what the hell is going on.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Because Phony Stark is an education expert too. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Every rich fucker is an education expert “I didn’t get where I am through education”

Emerald Mine Owner’s Son
William Gates Jr the 3rd
Etc. etc.

6 Likes

You don’t want a teacher in front of a board? Fine. I don’t want a serial bullshitter confidently talking nonsense in front of a class.

7 Likes

Ah - his next grift is charter schools.

A bit late to that game, Elon

6 Likes

He also has something cslled The Foundation.

Bloomberg reported the filings show Musk donated $100m to his charity, The Foundation, to establish a primary and secondary Stem school in Austin – and later to seek accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges for launching a university.

Not confused with:

https://www.muskfoundation.org/

That website worth $7 billion alone…

5 Likes
9 Likes

Mr. Wiggin: “I seem to have not anticipated how you feel about your tenants…”

(Probably.)

Damn, that sketch coulda been written 5 minutes ago, given the housing crisis in Britain if not London, right now…

4 Likes

Yeah that’ll probably end up working just as well as his other projects.

No way I’d entrust a child to him or that school, but here in Austin it’s a safe bet he’s already got takers lined up, waiting to enroll their young 'uns.

That feller just ain’t all right.
Gives me a case of the howlin’ fantods.

3 Likes

Why did we choose cyberpunk prsent? I blame Cybernetic Culture Research Unit.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Over the past week, a disinformation campaign operated by the Kremlin-aligned network Doppelganger amassed over 130,000 views on X, according to data shared exclusively with WIRED by Antibot4Navalny, a collective of anonymous Russian researchers who have spent years tracking the Russian influence operation.

Doppelganger is well known for using a network of inauthentic bot accounts to spread links to fake versions of real news websites. In the past, the network has impersonated websites as diverse as Le Monde in France and Fox News in the US. In recent months, the Doppelganger network has been used to stoke tensions in the US over the border crisis in Texas and boost false claims that celebrities like Taylor Swift were supporting Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.

3 Likes

Australian regulator says Musk’s X should not set limits of internet law
SYDNEY, May 10 (Reuters) - Elon Musk’s X has policies to take down harmful content when it chooses but should not be allowed to overrule Australian law in deciding what can be viewed there, a lawyer for the cyber regulator told a hearing into video of a bishop being stabbed.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/australian-regulator-says-musks-x-should-not-set-limits-internet-law-2024-05-10/

3 Likes

Fuck Nick Land.

Never become part of the circle of a philosopher who has you take shed loads of drugs to be part of the inner circle kids: it’s a cult!

4 Likes

Neuralink Admits That Implant's Threads Have Retracted From First Patient's Brain, Possibly Due to Air in Skull

6 Likes

I have heard that shed loads of amphetamines are almost psychedelic and they also make you paranoid. Famous speed freaks include Ayn Rand, Philip K. Dick*, Nick Land, L. Ron Hubbard, nazis etc.

I sometimes think that dangers of amphetamines are more to do with the mix of paranoia, hallucinations and the stimulating effect on author’s/philosopher’s brains and output then the life destroying addiction.

*Exception that proves the rule.

6 Likes

Make It Stop My Brain Hurts GIF by Monty Python
That made nauseous.

4 Likes

Are You Stupid Neve Campbell GIF

2 Likes

Jack Dorsey defends Musk’s Twitter leadership, saying the billionaire slashed the ‘critical sin’ of its business model

Jack Dorsey said Twitter’s board ‘has always been a problem’ and that he plotted his exit from the firm because of its activist investor

6 Likes