Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

2 Likes

[Berlin Tesla activists say civil disobedience is only option ā€“ DW ā€“ 05/11/2024]

5 Likes

[Elon Musk: Brave truth-teller or weird pontificator about the IRA? ā€“ The Irish Times]

6 Likes

Blowhard blows hard.

7 Likes

I have no clue who could fix that (link)

4 Likes

One of the comments:

ā€œIn God We Trustā€

If thatā€™s the case, you should trust this as a sign to buy a different car.

8 Likes

ā€œI listen to podcasts about the fall of civilisations to go to sleep,ā€ Musk told his host, Michael Milken. Armed with this deep research, he suggested that ā€œone of the things that is overlooked by most historians is the role of low birth rate in the decline of civilisations

If its the podcast Iā€™m thinking of he clearly formed his conclusion long before listening to the episodes.

12 Likes

Thatā€™ll buff out

6 Likes

Itā€™s easy to tell who is a racist asshole when they start harping on decline birthratesā€¦ like, there are 8 billion of us on this rock we shareā€¦ there isnā€™t an actual problem with declining birthratesā€¦ :woman_shrugging:

The whole ā€œdecline and fallā€ narrative is also BS, tooā€¦ as a historian, I hate it as a trope. I mean, yes, empires rise and fall, but each case is under unique historical circumstances, even if we can find parallelsā€¦

18 Likes

After firing the people who understand how it works? Telsa is turning into a Car-Go Cult.

6 Likes

Thereā€™s even worse stats around how much of global (land-based?) biomass is us, or stuff we eat.

1 Like

Mindy, you know a lot of history but have missed the obvious: every empire ultimately falls because of the League of Assassins. Our only hope is raising the population until chance produces a capable enough vigilante superhero to stop them.

15 Likes

Ken Jeong Yes GIF by The Masked Singer

8 Likes

Well he does have a really soothing voice.

But nearly all of them in that podcast series involve ecological collapse/changing climate and then other empires picking over the civilisation.

And I might as well link to it as, despite Twitter being their main source of publicity, they stopped updating there. I think Pedo Guy asked him back and he replied that he couldnā€™t be associated with Nazis. More politely than that I imagine.

6 Likes

Rather, a Car-NOT-Go cult.

4 Likes
9 Likes

If X owned the data, it could perhaps argue it has exclusive rights to control the data, but then it wouldnā€™t have safe harbor.

Preach that louder for the other big platforms that want to own the user content, like ā€¦ all of them.

8 Likes

makes me wonder about malicious compliance. allow other companies to scrape the data, but make it as slow and error prone as possible. ( slow down repeated requests, issue random error codes and the like ) then sell a ā€œpremium serviceā€ that packages all that delicious user content for a fee

2 Likes

Yeah that podcast is very interesting and thoroughly researched. I think Iā€™ve listened to every episode but I donā€™t remember a single one that so much as hinted the root cause of any civilizationā€™s collapse was ā€œpeople choosing to have fewer babies.ā€

Maybe Musk just assumed that part of the podcast happened after he fell asleep.

7 Likes

Musk believes in the myth that all successful people on;y need a few hours sleep at most. (And who knows which chemical friends he has, if heā€™s not one of few people who can naturally function with that little sleep.)

The sleep that he doesnā€™t get is probably as mentally corrosive as anything he does take.

5 Likes